• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who the hell is NIU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  0

Whats amazing is how your presume I was not there....I was.....not only that, but our program should be beyond these days....

Just goes to show you how little "fans" know about their own program.  USF has played NIU twice already in our short history.  We lost to them in a close road game in 2001, and waxed them at home in 2002.  I remember both games, and was at the 2002 game.

I don't think he was talking to you ??? ???

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Funny, NIU fans are asking the exact same question about us.  Also, they seem a bit cocky about their chances to "destroy" our Bulls.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=468

• Content Count:  81

NIU fans wonders who the hell USF is. What, no they don't. Most college football fans know about the great program at USF and how its risen in such a short time. NIU, I would guess, has had a team that has gone nowhere for decades. Just like most college football 1A programs.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That's priceless. We're the laughingstock of the BE, and a running joke in the media.

I would caution against assuming we will blowout or even beat NIU. Our gameplanning is suspect (see close games against other so-called inferior opponents such as FIU, FAU, etc., etc., etc.), our offense is predictable, our QB wildly inconsistent, our interior D-line and secondary are soft, and our special teams are anything but. MAC teams tend to be strong in fundamentals like running crisp routes and making good tackles - something USF doesn't always do. Finally, we may not be motivated enough to get up for this game. Can't say as I blame them. I'm still of the opinion that we should have said thanks but no thanks to this bowl. We are a mediocre team that a couple extra practices won't help. The coaches and players should take the extra time to watch better teams and better coaches in quality games. Maybe they can learn something.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Funny, NIU fans are asking the exact same question about us.  Also, they seem a bit cocky about their chances to "destroy" our Bulls.

I believe they are mocking this thread in that thread.

• Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

We should blow NIU out, so that's at least something positive.  Nice to blow someone out in your last game before you start signing recruits.  Every little bit helps in tight recruiting battles. 

the fact that recruits can look forward to a bowl match up against Northern Illinois won't help that battle :/

And if that is what a recruit looks forward to, it's the wrong recruit.  Those aren't the guys we're looking for.  We are looking for the guys that get us higher...you know that..come on.

well yeah you want to be able to say "yes we played NIU, but you are the recruit who can get us to the Sugar Bowl."

problem is... big name recruits have other teams in their ear saying "you want to go to BCS games? come here... play big meaningful games in front of the whole nation.

No kidding.  This is what I try to tell smazza and his ilk...it's not as easy recruiting against those teams as many of Leavitt's detractors claim it to be.  They are there already.  We sell a dream, a plan...

USF has had some NFL recruiting success. Considering that I just read Pitt has only had what, 3 or 4 round 1 picks since '82 and USF has had 1 and Selvie might go and maybe JPP. That is pretty amazing.

Selvie is like a 5th round pick dude. I have a better shot at banging The Sundolls that Selvie has of going in rd 1

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Florida will destroy Cincinnati

agreed

• Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

http://loserswithsocks.com/2009/12/04/tebow-drinking-game/

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Wasn't there a shooting at NIU a few years back?  Some crazy Croatian guy, if I recall...

Not to sound like an A-hole

But was bringing that up necessary?

Its not a football related subject... at all.

And i imagine might be sensitive to NUI fans who might read this.

• Content Count:  236

who knows, maybe usf will still be irrelevant after 100+ years of football like NIU.  they've been to five bowl games just like us, although we did do it in 1/30th the time. 

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

wow what a season. I can say one thing, I dont know a **** thing about NIU. But we will win by 30. We lose this game and we should leave the whole team in Canada.

What an asinine thread title (total :bs.) Why is it not surprising that you were a fan of UM at one time?  Comments like this give those of us with a sense of history and knowledge of the game reason to have nothing but contempt for so called fans like you. 

Archived