• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Campus Pics..added some new ones

Bullshutter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

moar pics! :)

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Geeze, I really don't think the Bulls look that bad. Looks like it will stretch the width of the library on the west side?

It's a University library, not a billboard. Compare it to other universities in the state and it looks cheap.

We could use an entire new building.

That'll be 20+ years down the line. They just pumped a ton of money into the new STEM lab on the 2nd floor.

But I agree. A new building is needed. With the changes in technology and the size of the student body, an entirely new building designed for more computer use, more study areas for students, more book storage, and more room for the special collections, is needed.

The Oracle recently did an article about the Marshall Center. It's 4 years old and they're already saying that USF has outgrown it. There's already design plans to add an additional wing built over the loading bay between the theater building.

Also, the Social Sciences building is getting an interior facelift similar to what took place at Cooper Hall. USF is in a phase to squeeze every year of life out of the old buildings.

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

Geeze, I really don't think the Bulls look that bad. Looks like it will stretch the width of the library on the west side?

It's a University library, not a billboard. Compare it to other universities in the state and it looks cheap.

We could use an entire new building.

That'll be 20+ years down the line. They just pumped a ton of money into the new STEM lab on the 2nd floor.

But I agree. A new building is needed. With the changes in technology and the size of the student body, an entirely new building designed for more computer use, more study areas for students, more book storage, and more room for the special collections, is needed.

The Oracle recently did an article about the Marshall Center. It's 4 years old and they're already saying that USF has outgrown it. There's already design plans to add an additional wing built over the loading bay between the theater building.

Also, the Social Sciences building is getting an interior facelift similar to what took place at Cooper Hall. USF is in a phase to squeeze every year of life out of the old buildings.

Weak.....I shudder when I walk past social sciences buildings...talk about ugly and unimpressive

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I haven't seen the inside of Cooper Hall. Is the restoration impressive? The social sciences building looked weak even when I was there in 2001, I'm suprised USF is just now getting to an interior restoration for this building. I agree, it'd be great to see a new library, I just don't see it happening for a a while though.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I haven't seen the inside of Cooper Hall. Is the restoration impressive? The social sciences building looked weak even when I was there in 2001, I'm suprised USF is just now getting to an interior restoration for this building. I agree, it'd be great to see a new library, I just don't see it happening for a a while though.

To someone who didn't know what it looked like before, yes.

They really just put drywall up to cover the cinder block walls. Painted, put in new floors and carpet and new desks/furniture. I think they did a little rewiring in the classrooms. It was really just a facelift for the hallways and classrooms. The professors offices are still the same old crap.

I need to get a camera to get pictures.

Edited by outrunner

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

BUMP

Anyone have new photos from around campus they don't mind sharing?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684

4JgXlEWl.jpg?1

Park behind library

Edited by Bullshutter

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This the new one they just built?

Looks like an elaborate smoking area. Which led to a thought - does USF allow smoking anymore? My campus up here just went completely non-smoking. If you want to smoke, you have to step off-campus (granted, it's a MUCH smaller area than USF)

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

This the new one they just built?

Looks like an elaborate smoking area. Which led to a thought - does USF allow smoking anymore? My campus up here just went completely non-smoking. If you want to smoke, you have to step off-campus (granted, it's a MUCH smaller area than USF)

There are a handful of designated smoking areas around campus. Very nice change, in my opinion. Whenever you used to walk past the library you would always get somebody's smoke blown in your face. Thats no longer the case.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good. Smoked for almost 40 years. Never recognised how obnoxious it was til I quit.