• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Campus Pics..added some new ones

Bullshutter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No pics sorry. It's been so long, I couldn't even draw you a floor plan. But in the early 80's, the bookstore (textbooks) wasn't in the Center, It was over in a loading dock north of Fine Arts

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone have any photos of the interior of the old MSC? Or more exterior shots? I'm curious as to how the area opened up with the new MSC. From my understanding, the old MSC and bookstore were connected, which would explain why the bookstore has brick on three sides and then solid white wall on the other.

That is true, but the solid white wall also serves as the wall for the projector for Movies on the Lawn on Wednesday nights.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

Anyone have any photos of the interior of the old MSC? Or more exterior shots? I'm curious as to how the area opened up with the new MSC. From my understanding, the old MSC and bookstore were connected, which would explain why the bookstore has brick on three sides and then solid white wall on the other.

That is true, but the solid white wall also serves as the wall for the projector for Movies on the Lawn on Wednesday nights.

I knew that. Last fall semester, or maybe it was spring?, for a short time they were using a giant inflatable screen and placing it near the MLK fountain for Movies on the Lawn. I much preferred that to them showing it on the wall of the bookstore. To be honest, however, I like it best when they show movies in the Oval Theater.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

Nice!

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have a pic here- but yes the bookstore was connected to the MSC food court.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692

great fricking pics... I am hoping USF gets that signature building..... we just lack that symbol.

I think this will happen within 10 years. If you look at the master plan there will be a building going in front of the old administrative building on Collins Blvd. Let's hope some thought goes into it and it becomes the signature building as it will be on the main entrance into the university.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

great fricking pics... I am hoping USF gets that signature building..... we just lack that symbol.

I think this will happen within 10 years. If you look at the master plan there will be a building going in front of the old administrative building on Collins Blvd. Let's hope some thought goes into it and it becomes the signature building as it will be on the main entrance into the university.

I've always thought the bookstore could have been iconic with the glass diamond roof, especially if they lit it up at night.

But yes, the campus does need that one iconic building that identifies the school. The question is how and what? Somehow a gothic style building or bell tower just doesn't seem to fit our style/architecture/campus.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

What's the easiest way to upload the picture directly in to the post? I took a few pictures today.