• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sentinel: UCF-USF rivalry may be resurrected at St. Petersburg Bowl

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Sure!  Any real fan of USF would prefer their opponent scheduling be controlled by outside forces, that makes sense.  ::)

Even though they don't really control it..a lot has to happen, but USF v. UCF is a possibility and everyone knew that when the bowl was created.

I just find your statement funny to put it nicely.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

IOf we are forced to play in St Pete again the only way I would go is if we play UCF..... Any other team and it is not worth my time, last years game vs Memphis was the biggest joke of a game I have ever been to.

Well that says a lot about what kind of USF Fan you are......

I have traveled to all 4 bowl games, including flying to El Paso for the Sun Bowl, the fact that I refuse to watch us play some scrimiage against a trash non-BCS team in a half empty baseball stadium proves nothing.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I'd go just to laugh at ucf.

I think its probably the worst bowl out there thou, playing football on the worst field in baseball never made sense to me.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

IOf we are forced to play in St Pete again the only way I would go is if we play UCF..... Any other team and it is not worth my time, last years game vs Memphis was the biggest joke of a game I have ever been to.

I have traveled to all 4 bowl games, including flying to El Paso for the Sun Bowl, the fact that I refuse to watch us play some scrimiage against a trash non-BCS team in a half empty baseball stadium proves nothing.

Harumph.  You're no baseball fan then.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Hopefully we'll grab something better than the St. Pete bowl, but if it was UCF/USF, I'd go. For as non-matched up as the teams have been each year, it's still a good game to see. UCF's schedule has a pretty good shot at them being 6-6 this year, they should handle UAB and Tulane pretty well. Houston and Texas...not so much.

UCF could go to the St. Pete Bowl and play someone like Rutgers, but I'm still hoping the Bulls can make it to Birmingham at the least, or the Car Care bowl even. I have yet to go to any of those bowls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Golden Knight match up? I'm in. Never pass up a chance to beat up on manly men in tights.

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully we'll grab something better than the St. Pete bowl, but if it was UCF/USF, I'd go. For as non-matched up as the teams have been each year, it's still a good game to see. UCF's schedule has a pretty good shot at them being 6-6 this year, they should handle UAB and Tulane pretty well. Houston and Texas...not so much.

UCF could go to the St. Pete Bowl and play someone like Rutgers, but I'm still hoping the Bulls can make it to Birmingham at the least, or the Car Care bowl even. I have yet to go to any of those bowls.

If that happened I would be a Rutgers fan. I thought that I could NEVER root for rutgers but under those circumstances I think I could.......

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I am a Bulls fan first and foremost and have gone to every bowl game. If we end up un st Pete Bowl, I will be there once again. I go to the bowl games to support MY team NOT because of who is playing. Is attitudes from fans such as yourself that will keep USF tied into crappy bowls. If we cant sell oput St Pete Bowl then why in hell should any bigger bowl want the Bulls when they know our fan base will decide to go only if the opponent is "worthwhile". Get a freaking clue it wasnt that long ago that we were nonBCS trash, how quick we forget.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If we play in the St. Pete Bowl, I'll be there. Another chance to see the Bulls.

If we play in the St Pete Bowl against the Kaniggits, I'll buy tickets but probably won't go .... I have an attendance quota of 2 cupcakes per year.

Guest USF-TechGuy

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS???

Not going actually hurts the Bulls more than people here are thinking!!!

Imagine if we bring a small crowd out because of its location/destination

What about next year if we are eligible for a bigger, better bowl?

Why would a bowl selection committee pick a team that couldn't even partially fill up a bowl stadium in their own back yard???

:Bang :Duh :Bang

Archived