• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sentinel: UCF-USF rivalry may be resurrected at St. Petersburg Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It was odd sitting in a baseball stadium watching football last year, but, I gotta tell you the concessions there were way above what we have at Ray Jay.   At least that is what I saw.  Yes, they had the usual greasy spoon options, but they had Outback there and a nice sports bar area.  

I know that isn't the reason why you go to a bowl game, but I can tell you anything is better than what I experienced at Legion's Field.  That was a garbage stadium and garbage food.  You would never have known that a bowl game was being played there if not for the team fans wearing the school colors. 

No matter, I'd be there to support the Bulls no matter who we play.  Of course, I'd rather play another team other than UCF and, BTW I'd rather play in the MCCB if we had to play in a lower bowl.  Charlotte does know how to treat visitors.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Charlotte is nice...I was there for the MCCB and swore I'd go back..

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I also would like Charlotte but I just have a bad feeling the MCCB would overlook us if we are not really up there in record, like 10-2. Right now in our conference there are 3 teams ranked and perceived to be ahead of us. Unless ND gets a BCS invite, the Gator will not be in the mix. So the MCCB would be the 2nd BE option. Based on our losses, Pitt and Cincy are perceived (rightly so) as better than us.

So even if we end up with a better record than Pitt or Cincy, I doubt we will be picked ahead of them. More than likely I see us in Birmingham or St Pete. I would prefer to play Southern Miss if we have to play a C-USA team or even Tulsa would be interesting. The full liquor bar at the St Pete Bowl was nice last year. If UCF shows then it will be another win and good atmosphere.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

I think Charleston Southern may be the only team we've beaten more than the Tinmen.

'cuse 0-5

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i take every opportunity i can to see the Bulls play. haven't missed a home game in 5 years [if not more].

obviously i'd prefer something a little better, but if the Trop is it, then the Trop it is.

:gobulls

• Content Count:  12,293

Charlotte is a VERY FUN city.  that "uptown" area is really nice.  great bars, great places to eat, and its clean

and its not too bad of a drive (i think about 9 hours from tampa)

i would really like to end up at this bowl.  we would get another crack at an ACC team

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

You all forget we get an SEC team in the Papa Johns Bowl this year.  How cool would a rematch with Auburn be?

• Content Count:  1,981

I have traveled to all 4 bowl games, including flying to El Paso for the Sun Bowl, the fact that I refuse to watch us play some scrimiage against a trash non-BCS team in a half empty baseball stadium proves nothing.

Try driving to El Paso and back after getting smacked on the field. Very looooooooong drive. I'll be at the game, hell if I made it to the Wofford and CSU games, why not this one...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I would enjoy MCCB or Papajohns vs SEC...

St Pete bowl is garbage.

• Content Count:  12,293

well the st pete bowl and the extra 3 weeks of practice that comes with it is much better than sitting home and watching all the bowl games.

Archived