• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where did everybody go?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

People don't come to see just the Bulls yet (especially an average team). It's got to be some kind of a "name" coming in or Homecoming ........... Hopefully, this changes as we get older.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

As much as it pains me to do this, I am very much afraid I have to agree w/Steve on this one. There's certain things you just don't do and (a) getting blistered by L'ville and (b ) losing to Army really yanked the enthusiasm out of this season. You can't just blow off those two losses. It's one thing to take our regular shellacing by an OOC BCS team...  ::)

If USF had been "sewing up" the season instead of "hanging on" , I imagine attendance would be different.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

That is true Wolly. But it is the apathy of the students, the poor marketing job done by the USF marketing dept. and the gestapo tactics and strong arm of the Tampa Sports Authority that keeps fans away.

If someone at USF doesn't get the marketing of our sports teams up to par, both on and off campus, we will be another Temple!!! WE ARE TAMPA'S UNIVERSITY. NOT UF, FSU, OR WHOMEVER THE FLAVOR OF THE DAY IS, WE ARE USF!!! A couple of billbords here and there and some radio spots just don't cut it IMO! Example: hear any promotion about the upcoming basketball season? I have not seen any.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

What is this "basketball" thingy you keep talking about?  ;)

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

I think we drew more against even the AA teams we played and the students....sucked!

Tenn Tech 25,546

ECU 25,408 <A new low for a C-USA game

Kizarvexis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Student attendance at Memphis will be dismal at best.  Hopefully, they turn out for Pittsbugh to take a break from studying for finals.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Just bear in mind that the Gator game was being played at the same time. That might have had an effect on attendance. As for the rest of the points-- hard to argue with them other than to say that TTU was the home opener (revised version). Students weren't at full strength but they didn't "suck" IMO. You can't blame the ones who showed up-- only those who didn't make it.

Having nice attendance is great and all but the most important thing for me is winning the game. If we lose against ECU-- we're in big trouble. Now we need to take care of Cinci. We need our team to stay focused.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Students weren't at full strength but they didn't "suck" IMO. You can't blame the ones who showed up-- only those who didn't make it.  

This was a thread on attendance but I'll be more specific....the students sucked as in the overall student body of USF sucked in their support at the game. The student section was about the tenth of what it has been even the green/gold painted students who I would expect are die hards were barely in attendance. Cudos to those that showed up but the attendance of students sucked and was the thing that was most disappointing to me.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

I was there!  Had a great time in the student section....lost my digital camera though  :(  Oh well, I did talk to Deandrew Rubin on the cell phone, the highlight of the night!  Thanks again Sheriff!