• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Douglas Gone to UNC

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

I demand transparency and accountability!  [glow=red,2,300]CHANGE[/glow] has come to USF......

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I demand transparency and accountability!  [glow=red,2,300]CHANGE[/glow] has come to USF......

I guess that means we'll be spending unheard of amounts on our new assistants!  Redistribute some of that Leavitt wealth.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Is Obama gonna bail us out?

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Unreal- a coach leaves and Leavitt is just like Gruden. Funny, a couple weeks ago we were all over Leavitts nuts for being the greatest recruiter... I have to admit felluhs (and gals), Im going to have to trust Jimbo on this one. He has dealt with turnover before, and we have survivied. There is a reason that USF has been the fastest College team to succeed at a high level....

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Unreal- a coach leaves and Leavitt is just like Gruden. Funny, a couple weeks ago we were all over Leavitts nuts for being the greatest recruiter... I have to admit felluhs (and gals), Im going to have to trust Jimbo on this one. He has dealt with turnover before, and we have survivied. There is a reason that USF has been the fastest College team to succeed at a high level....

Yeah, the reason is our internet fanbase.  No whining, complaining, just a can-do spirit that powers the program to  . . .

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I think it's funny that Greg reports he "could" be the next to go whereas Brett reports he's gone - it's a done deal. 

Brett may be correct.

But he also reports this in the same story:

"Douglas, 43, is expected to resign today from USF to take a similar position at the University of North Carolina.

"Today, Douglas is expected to announce he’s heading to coach at North Carolina.

When reached Tuesday night, Douglas, 43, would not comment."

So Douglas will not comment, but Brett is certain he is gone.  Asking a basic question here... if Douglas does not comment, how is Brett so sure to print that he is gone?  Did UNC comment?  Even so, we know that UNC does not answer for Douglas.  Did someone else at USF comment?  Did Douglas tell him he was leaving but asked him to print a "No comment" ? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Yeah, the reason is our internet fanbase.  No whining, complaining, just a can-do spirit that powers the program to  . . .

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

Dudes, chill.  Happens every year.  Even to Florida.  Why did Florida have an opening for McCarney last year?

Florida has bottomless pockets to remedy the situation.

correct. we do not.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well the likely hood of us beating FSU, Miami, and winning the Big East is getting fuzzier by the week... granted the sky is not falling yet but would have to say that the **** has hit the fan  :P

• Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Well the likely hood of us beating FSU, Miami, and winning the Big East is getting fuzzier by the week... granted the sky is not falling yet but would have to say that the **** has hit the fan  :P

Wasnt Douglas in charge of the DBs? yep after the job they did last year I think he will be greatly missed.

Excuse me for not crying on this move but after seeing our DBs get toasted last year, I dont think we will miss him much.

The only one so far we have lost and think we will miss is wally.

Now the rest of you can go back to the sky is falling chants.

Archived