• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Douglas Gone to UNC

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Well maybe he SHOULDNT be the Bulls beat writer. As I said I dont hold leavitt blameless but what Brett is doing in the tribune is basically spinning everything in a negative slant and all pointing towards leavitt. So it is plain and simple that he is using his position as the beat reporter to trash the program. I dont want everything painted in gold and green but just go back and find a POSITIVE story about our program coming from brett where there was not a negative comment somewhere in the story.

As I said he can blog and write all he wants, I just will not spend my time reading nor paying for it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

if all these coaches hated leavitt or couldn't stand working for him they would have left BEFORE signing day, causing recruits to rethink where they are going to school...

did you guys ever think that these coaches had the RESPECT for leavitt which delayed their departure until after leavitt signed all his great recruits?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Here's what Brad is trying to get across...

Greg got hammered by the sheriff for not telling everyone why Wally is leaving, for not breaking the story about how horrible it is to work for CJL. Greg responded with something along the lines of...'please let me talk to Burnham and see why he is leaving before calling me out for not doing my job'

Brett on the other hand, didn't talk to anyone, and inferred that CJL is the reason coaches are leaving.

As for speculation, I think it has been confirmed that (note, items in parenthesis are my own speculation):

1. No one wanted GG on staff any more, so he left, and no one cares (basically, FL law probably wouldn't allow CJL to fire him outright, so he demoted him and forced him to leave)

2. Burnham left to coach with his son, probably reduce his hours a little, 30k more money, and who knows how much more money for his son (who just had a kid, who knows his wife's situation, but maybe this allows her stay home with the kid rather than going back to work to make ends meet)

3. Douglas is leaving to coach with a former teammate, "to a parallel position on the field, but financially a lot better." So, he got a big pay increase.

Numbers 2 and 3 came from Greg's research/talks with the coaches leaving. I don't read Brett's stuff, but instead of reporting the news (that these guys are leaving), then following up with some information on why, he went ahead and lead his readers to believe that it was all CJLs fault. Did he circle back around with quotes from the coaches?

I also love the comment about how "CJL" doesn't pay his assistants enough. Yeah, he's in control there. Also, didn't CJL's talks with K-State lead to a pretty substantial bump in assistant salary pool as well as his own bump?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Douglas has never stayed too long at any place he has coached. Based on his past job hopping record, it's really not very surprising that he left USF:

In addition to his two years at Indiana, Douglas has coached at South Carolina State (2003), Michigan State (2001-2002), SMU (1997-2000), UTEP (1995-1996), East Tennessee State (1992-1994) and West Chester (1989-1991).

Just like with players, if they don't want to be here, I don't want them.

I'm sure we can find someone equally as good who won't look at USF simply as a stepping stone.

• Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Who was our old CB coach that moved to recruiting coordinator last year? He's still on staff right?

Rich Rachel moved to director of high school relations, not recruiting coordinator. I think he's close to retiring and didn't want to have as big a workload, so that's why he moved to the new position last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Archived