• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rosetta Stone

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

I have Rosetta Stone Italian, level 1,2,3

I'm part way through level 1 and it is worth every penny already.

I learned more in the first 3 or 4 hours of this software than 4 years of spanish in high school... seriously.

You took Spanish in High School to learn Italian?

That right there might be the problemo.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I learned more in the first 3 or 4 hours of this software than 4 years of spanish in high school... seriously.

You took Spanish in High School to learn Italian?

That right there might be the problemo.

Problema*

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry.  I learned more Russian in High School that I did taking Spanish in college.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

you can buy it, but if you want to save close to $1,000 just bootleg it...

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I will be picking up the Spanish modules in anticipation of our retirement.  A tip -- when needing to remember a foreign language, copious amounts of red wine works wonders.  Before our trip to Costa Rica, my wife asked me if I knew any Spanish.  I told her I knew cerveza and bano (they go together).  When we arrived we started having drinks.  After a few hours I was carrying on conversations in Spanish with the locals and everyone with me was shocked!  If you ever have studied a foreign language it apparently is still in there.  I guess the tannins in the wine bring it out... ;D

Completely agree. I took Spanish for 4 years between 8th-11th grade, and I'm amazed at what I still pick up when I hear spanish people talking.

• Content Count:  1,387

How well is does this product work? Anybody ever use it? Comments?

I think Rosetta Stone is wonderful for learning a new language. Only bad part about it is the price, but I didn't have to pay for it. Me and a couple other people I work with talked the hospital into buying it so that we could learn spanish well enough to get by without having to use a translator when dealing with spanish speaking patients. I hear you can get a good deal on Rosetta Stone software on ebay and other similar websites, but I don't know if that is true or not.

• Content Count:  19,229

So you learned more Italian in 4 hours of Rosetta Stone than you did in 4 years of Spanish in high school?

;D

Yep, that is a true statement  LOL.  My spanish teacher just didn't put enough effort into teaching us italian.

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Do it the easy way. My wife spent her your in Santiago, Chile. When we go surfing in Costa Rico & Equador she acts as my interpetor. I just never know what is coming for dinner.....

• Content Count:  9,038

I will be picking up the Spanish modules in anticipation of our retirement.  A tip -- when needing to remember a foreign language, copious amounts of red wine works wonders.  Before our trip to Costa Rica, my wife asked me if I knew any Spanish.  I told her I knew cerveza and bano (they go together).  When we arrived we started having drinks.  After a few hours I was carrying on conversations in Spanish with the locals and everyone with me was shocked!  If you ever have studied a foreign language it apparently is still in there.  I guess the tannins in the wine bring it out... ;D

aka Drunken Recall

see also: Beerfest (2006 movie)

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

you can buy it, but if you want to save close to $1,000 just bootleg it...

I looked for it one day on one of the torrent sites.  Is it commenly boot-legged?  My wife and I have been curious.  We can't afford to throw down 750 bucks for it.

Archived