• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wannstache on the Bulls:

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think the point Stache was trying to make is that at some positions it's experience that is the difference, not talent.  As in if players have equal talent the one with more experience has an advantage.  He wasn't saying Grothe lacks talent.

It seemed like that's where he was going with it... But why did he use those two players to contrast it? It doesn't make sense. He's saying one has talent and one has experience, but it isn't clear who he is talking about. Do you have his direct line?

He probably used those two players as an example because it's one of the positions where we have more experience than them. And I think he was trying to avoid telling people we have more talent than them

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

not giving us bulletin board material is a smart move on his part.

• Content Count:  2,661

Rofl at your sig! ^^

OK, I'll bite. Are you rofling at the "Shitsburgh" logo, or the irony of having it next to the "Be Respectabull" logo?

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Yea, he was saying Grothe has experience, while Stull just has talent. Didnt take it as a slight to Grothe

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It sounded to me like he was saying Stull had more talent.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and extremely disliked them and the feeling is stronger now.  Go Bulls beat the Pitties.

It sounded to me like he was saying Stull had more talent.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and extremely disliked them and the feeling is stronger now.  Go Bulls beat the Pitties.

That's how I interpreted that as well.  Maybe he's just really bad at making sense, but I'm still going to go with it's him being a **** :)

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Courtesy Pitt Official Site:

On South Florida defensive end George Selvie:

“He’s got tremendous speed. He’s a great player and our guys know that. We’ve got to account for him and know where he’s at.â€

Sounds Like someone is getting double teamed again :-)  If he is playing?  They should switch him in and out, throw off the Pitt game plan for containing our D.

On comparing the talent of Pitt and South Florida:

“I think it depends on the position. In some areas they have a little more experience than we do but at the same time I like some of our matchups. Without getting too in-detail about this, you look at Matt Grothe and he’s a three-year starter and all-conference player against Bill (Stull) being a first year starter — so a lot of it is experience as opposed to talent.â€

Think Matt might object to the referral as to talent????

Nah, Matt is too much of a BA to care.  Just listen to his comments on being put on the Heisman watch list.

• Content Count:  21,338
  • Days Won:  10

Looking at the Big East Statistics, McCoy has been racking up the yardage.  So, we are going to face our first real talented running back and we will see how our defense reacts.

• Content Count:  4,016

They are going to pound the ball up our gut all game... when we bring our safeties up, they'll then hit the soft spots over the top. Be prepared for the second coming of Ray Rice this week. This game is one to worry about if we don't jump on them early. I friggen hate Pitt!

So 5-11 205lbs Lesean McCoy and 190lbs Stephens-Howling= 5-9 225lbs Ray Rice? 

The analogy isn't close, and the last I checked we're about 40lbs heavy across the line on average on D.

Archived