• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expanded Student section isnt going so well

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

100 is packed... i sat in front row for kansas and down there its like two people PER seat.

need to fill in 103 and 106

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Capital H....I dont know what you have against Greeks, but your posts about how we dont care about USF athletics is crazy. You obviously have no clue. The Greeks do come out in full force for EVERY game, not just the big ones unlike some of our students at USF. There are several Greeks here on this board. I bet you did not even know that our Student Body President is Greek, did you? I guess Greeks have no role at USF....

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Capital H....I dont know what you have against Greeks, but your posts about how we dont care about USF athletics is crazy. You obviously have no clue. The Greeks do come out in full force for EVERY game, not just the big ones unlike some of our students at USF. There are several Greeks here on this board. I bet you did not even know that our Student Body President is Greek, did you? I guess Greeks have no role at USF....

This isnt a tailgaiting argument. This is an atheltics argument. If the Greeks are USF superfans why arent they at the: Basketball games, Baseball games, Soccer games..... oh wait they do. On the "Greeks show up for points night", they are usually gone by half right?

Yes I do know about the student government and the Greek influence, and never did I say they werent apart of the school. What I am saying is up to this point, the Greeks in their (on the whole, not just a handful of students) havent shown the dedication to ATHLETICS to be handed prefered tickets.

• Content Count:  1,524

And you think the non-Greeks are any better? Please....I love how people try to make us out as "we dont give a ****". I know Im not going to change your opionion, but its a major false mindset about us. Think what you want, but for what its worth, we are out at EVERYTHING, and not just for points. When I see a huge line for womens volleyball and then people leaving right after they get their card swiped, doesent that tell you somthing? Please dont act like we dont give a ****, because in all truth, the majority of Greeks do, and you cant say that for non-Greeks. The average student is no better about that.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

And you think the non-Greeks are any better? Please....I love how people try to make us out as "we dont give a ****". I know Im not going to change your opionion, but its a major false mindset about us. Think what you want, but for what its worth, we are out at EVERYTHING, and not just for points. When I see a huge line for womens volleyball and then people leaving right after they get their card swiped, doesent that tell you somthing? Please dont act like we dont give a ****, because in all truth, the majority of Greeks do, and you cant say that for non-Greeks. The average student is no better about that.

I'l admit that most of my dislike of the orginization comes from a few personal experience. And I probably unfairly group everyone into the situation, as there are dedicated individuals such as yourself and other members on this board and off. But I dont think it would be fair to hand reserved seating (in premium seats), as someone suggested in this thread (someone who over the last 3 years has brought the elitist greek attitude to the board) over to ANYONE; greeks, sbc, beef studs, whoevever.

• Content Count:  478

Yes I do know about the student government and the Greek influence, and never did I say they werent apart of the school. What I am saying is up to this point, the Greeks in their (on the whole, not just a handful of students) havent shown the dedication to ATHLETICS to be handed prefered tickets.

I am torn about this. On the one hand, I do think that there is something good about "first come first serve" seats - the early birds get the worm and should be rewarded. Its only fair right?

But on the other hand - think something good can come from having student groups sit together en masse. No one has mentioned the obvious benefit in giving priority to greeks and other student organizations so I thought I would bring it up here.

I mean Greeks (esp sororities) are generally well dressed (cute dresses) and for the most part are pretty. Don't we want groups of pretty college students in the stands for the televised games? Not to sound shallow but image counts for a lot - esp when people around the country don't have a good grasp of USF's identity as a school. Maybe its because I used to work in PR (for a sports station ironically) or maybe its because I live out of FL and have to watch most of USF's games on TV - or maybe its because I have pretty friends and notice these things ---- but I have to say that USF games have a bunch of crowd shots of either:

A) old (hence the sitters that seem to be so prevalent in 125) people

B) chunky/fat people

C) people wearing jorts (the one tooth crowd)

D) people who are any of the above half dressed with horns and body paint on - (i.e. the beef people)

.......and that is REALLY REALLY REALLY unattractive. Y'all might not notice bc you are AT the game - but the image we project of our student body needs some work - and if we let student groups sit together - that might help.

So I'm bringing this up to ask if there's  away we could get shots of students that look more collegiate? Having a bunch of cute girls in cute dresses would be one way of doing that. Note: I am not talking about fraternities. no one cares about how guys look on TV. Sorry.

• Content Count:  478

allow me to give y'all an example:

Not Cute (note the star of the video AND the people in the background):

Cute!:

Now which would you rather have represent USF?

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I mean Greeks (esp sororities) are generally well dressed (cute dresses) and for the most part are pretty. Don't we want groups of pretty college students in the stands for the televised games? Not to sound shallow but image counts for a lot - esp when people around the country don't have a good grasp of USF's identity as a school. Maybe its because I used to work in PR (for a sports station ironically) or maybe its because I live out of FL and have to watch most of USF's games on TV - or maybe its because I have pretty friends and notice these things ---- but I have to say that USF games have a bunch of crowd shots of either:

B) chunky/fat people

D) people who are any of the above half dressed with horns and body paint on - (i.e. the beef people)

.......and that is REALLY REALLY REALLY unattractive. Y'all might not notice bc you are AT the game - but the image we project of our student body needs some work - and if we let student groups sit together - that might help.

So I'm bringing this up to ask if there's  away we could get shots of students that look more collegiate? Having a bunch of cute girls in cute dresses would be one way of doing that. Note: I am not talking about fraternities. no one cares about how guys look on TV. Sorry.

Not trying to offend anybody, but in my time around USF, I have seen that the greeks have more than their fair share of uggos, as well as chub chubs. And to be quite frank, I don't give a flying f**k what the people they show look like, as long as they're being shown going wild and making noise. If the fat uggos are the ones making all the noise and disturbing the other team, than for God's sake show the fat uggos for all I care. I don't care if the football media and general public thinks we have an attractive student body. I do, however, care if they think that our fanbase is having an impact on the game on the field

• Content Count:  5,903

I am torn about this. On the one hand, I do think that there is something good about "first come first serve" seats - the early birds get the worm and should be rewarded. Its only fair right?

But on the other hand - think something good can come from having student groups sit together en masse. No one has mentioned the obvious benefit in giving priority to greeks and other student organizations so I thought I would bring it up here.

B) chunky/fat people

So I'm bringing this up to ask if there's  away we could get shots of students that look more collegiate? Having a bunch of cute girls in cute dresses would be one way of doing that. Note: I am not talking about fraternities. no one cares about how guys look on TV. Sorry.

wow...

• Content Count:  37

Hmmm, so I must be blind, I miss you guys that are out in full force in the shirt and ties.... do you have some photos of these occurances? I'd love to see them. Most of the photos I see of greeks during game days are of the mugshots they get for public intoxication, and rarely do I see them enter the stadium after the drinking at the tailgate is done.

There are a handful of individual Greeks at USF that support the athletics programs, but they arent the massive group you mention.

We do agree on the beef duds sitaution.

Look at our tailgating group.

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23240448117

We are the only fraternity that actually dresses up besides a couple of SigEps rocking their cargo shorts and ties :thumbsdown

Archived