• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expanded Student section isnt going so well

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I said this after the UT-Martin game.

Keep the point system, but make it first-come first-served.  This will help fill the stands quicker.

Keeping the point system will help make students be part of the 12,501 (since we have over 45k students).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

How bout they make a special student organization section where each student org (i.e. beef people, black student union, lasa etc) gets a set number of assigned tickets so they can sit with their friends and still can tailgate and enjoy the atmosphere? So keep the point system but make it available for student groups too. The groups that get tickets must be consistent in attendance or they lose privileges. kind of rewards the more involved students...  I think they do that at FSU. might work at USF?

No. Weve already seen that at USF the greeks dont support athletics, and would just sell the tickets (remember UCF 06?). If there not going to bother checking who is going down to the 100 level, go back to first come first serve. Otherwise there is going to have to be some sort of assigned seating.

• Content Count:  4,738

How bout they make a special student organization section where each student org (i.e. beef people, black student union, lasa etc) gets a set number of assigned tickets so they can sit with their friends and still can tailgate and enjoy the atmosphere? So keep the point system but make it available for student groups too. The groups that get tickets must be consistent in attendance or they lose privileges. kind of rewards the more involved students...  I think they do that at FSU. might work at USF?

No. Weve already seen that at USF the greeks dont support athletics, and would just sell the tickets (remember UCF 06?). If there not going to bother checking who is going down to the 100 level, go back to first come first serve. Otherwise there is going to have to be some sort of assigned seating.

Assign section numbers

Keep the point system, but make it first-come first-served.  This will help fill the stands quicker.

Keeping the point system will help make students be part of the 12,501 (since we have over 45k students).

How do you do a point system and FCFS ?  It seems you can do one or the other, not both.

• Content Count:  10

After my Undergrad degree at USF I went to UF for grad school. They have a lottery at the beginning of the season. Not all students who register get tickets. The more credits you have at UF the greater the chance you get season tickets. Once you qualify you find a "block" to be associated with. There is a block leader who scans everyone's Student ID's at the student ticket office and the thursday before the game the block leader gets the assigned seats for his block. They are not always in the same spot. One game you your block of friends could be on the front row and the next game you could be on the top row. This wont apply exactly to USF but some of it might. No matter what you do there will be people cheating the system and fitting way too many people in the end zone but some organization helps.

• Content Count:  478

Assign section numbers

ummm couldnt they just put the tickets on the students ID? you would have to give away your ID to sell your ticket. i just think you should be able to sit with your friends at the game.

• Content Count:  3,574

How do you do a point system and FCFS ?  It seems you can do one or the other, not both.

Like I said, you can do both... you do the point system to be part of the 12,501 (since we have more students than seats).  You are then given a general admission student ticket (either by printing it out or picking it up).  Then the 12,501 seats are first-come first-served (just like how it was before last year. You also save money by not having wrist bands and the ushers don't have to police it). This would also help fill the seats quicker (that's if you want great seats) and avoid the problem that we had with the UT-Martin game when we had a whole 100 level section empty.

Simple.  The only question is whether we have the demand to fill 12,501 seats.

• Content Count:  1,251

i can tell you personally i had 4 people with me to 2 seats in the 100 level.....so there ws some packing going on......

• Content Count:  1,624

The two nice people next to me in the front row of the student section got invaded by 4 drunk people. There were a bunch of people that tried to save 18+ seats in the front row and I wasnt having any of that bull****. I sat right down and took my seat. Thats something else people need to do. If someone says they are saving a whole row dont take their crap. You take the seat you want. I waited from 5:30 to 6:30 so I could get front row and I wasnt going to let some idiot tell me I couldnt sit there. I dont care if I'm a freshman. Hell half the upper classmen are too **** drunk to realize theres even a game going on so dont tell me Seniors and Juniors should have the 100 section reserved for them

• Content Count:  4,738

i can tell you personally i had 4 people with me to 2 seats in the 100 level.....so there ws some packing going on......

it looks cool to see the endzone so full, but lets fill 103 and 106 too

Archived