• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expanded Student section isnt going so well

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

No. Weve already seen that at USF the greeks dont support athletics, and would just sell the tickets (remember UCF 06?). If there not going to bother checking who is going down to the 100 level, go back to first come first serve. Otherwise there is going to have to be some sort of assigned seating.

Capital H you are a tremendous athlete and a genius.  Greeks support athletics more than any other student group at USF.  When we were in Conference USA and the Beef Jokes didn't exist, the people who were at every game tailgating in large numbers and traveling across the country to away games were the Greeks.  We take athletics seriously.  For each game we get dressed in shirt and tie while the ladies wear dresses.  Our tailgate was so large for the WVU game that we were featured on Fox 13 for both news casts last year.  Most major football schools DO have a section for the greeks and it is always packed.  Football games and tailgating are a major tradition for all fraternities and sororities, especially at major football schools such as those in the SEC.  If we want to compete with them we need to create the atmosphere they have a begin traditions.  I have yet to miss a home game my entire time at USF as an undergrad and normally attend soccer and basketball games with the close proximity of the stadium and Sun Dome to Greek Village.  In fact, JimUSFSig is a greek, but he doesn't support athletics does he.

As for the UCF game in 2006 those tickets were purchased by a greek who had the money up front and then sold them for face to the rest of the greeks.  If anything we had those tickets coming for our loyalty.

The people that don't support athletics are the scrubs that filled the stadium for the WVU game last year.

The expanded student section is great but the ticket system is full of errors.  Numerous friends of mine are having problems with the ticket website.  When they go to request tickets the games don't even show up so they are buying tickets that are out of the student section.  Once all the kinks are worked out of the system it will work flawlessly.

I remember you from when I was a student at USF.  You were the guy who bought your friends.  Yes, these are the people who make USF athletics worthwhile.  Thank God for the Greeks!!! 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,260

Yes I do know about the student government and the Greek influence, and never did I say they werent apart of the school. What I am saying is up to this point, the Greeks in their (on the whole, not just a handful of students) havent shown the dedication to ATHLETICS to be handed prefered tickets.

I am torn about this. On the one hand, I do think that there is something good about "first come first serve" seats - the early birds get the worm and should be rewarded. Its only fair right?

But on the other hand - think something good can come from having student groups sit together en masse. No one has mentioned the obvious benefit in giving priority to greeks and other student organizations so I thought I would bring it up here.

I mean Greeks (esp sororities) are generally well dressed (cute dresses) and for the most part are pretty. Don't we want groups of pretty college students in the stands for the televised games? Not to sound shallow but image counts for a lot - esp when people around the country don't have a good grasp of USF's identity as a school. Maybe its because I used to work in PR (for a sports station ironically) or maybe its because I live out of FL and have to watch most of USF's games on TV - or maybe its because I have pretty friends and notice these things ---- but I have to say that USF games have a bunch of crowd shots of either:

A) old (hence the sitters that seem to be so prevalent in 125) people

B) chunky/fat people

C) people wearing jorts (the one tooth crowd)

D) people who are any of the above half dressed with horns and body paint on - (i.e. the beef people)

.......and that is REALLY REALLY REALLY unattractive. Y'all might not notice bc you are AT the game - but the image we project of our student body needs some work - and if we let student groups sit together - that might help.

So I'm bringing this up to ask if there's  away we could get shots of students that look more collegiate? Having a bunch of cute girls in cute dresses would be one way of doing that. Note: I am not talking about fraternities. no one cares about how guys look on TV. Sorry.

Memo to you popular kids:

Geeks are sexy and belong on TV too.

love,

the Nerds.

revengeofthenerds.jpg

PS. If you were being serious...you gotta be friggin kidding me...

• Content Count:  1,260

Yes I do know about the student government and the Greek influence, and never did I say they werent apart of the school. What I am saying is up to this point, the Greeks in their (on the whole, not just a handful of students) havent shown the dedication to ATHLETICS to be handed prefered tickets.

I am torn about this. On the one hand, I do think that there is something good about "first come first serve" seats - the early birds get the worm and should be rewarded. Its only fair right?

But on the other hand - think something good can come from having student groups sit together en masse. No one has mentioned the obvious benefit in giving priority to greeks and other student organizations so I thought I would bring it up here.

I mean Greeks (esp sororities) are generally well dressed (cute dresses) and for the most part are pretty. Don't we want groups of pretty college students in the stands for the televised games? Not to sound shallow but image counts for a lot - esp when people around the country don't have a good grasp of USF's identity as a school. Maybe its because I used to work in PR (for a sports station ironically) or maybe its because I live out of FL and have to watch most of USF's games on TV - or maybe its because I have pretty friends and notice these things ---- but I have to say that USF games have a bunch of crowd shots of either:

A) old (hence the sitters that seem to be so prevalent in 125) people

B) chunky/fat people

C) people wearing jorts (the one tooth crowd)

D) people who are any of the above half dressed with horns and body paint on - (i.e. the beef people)

.......and that is REALLY REALLY REALLY unattractive. Y'all might not notice bc you are AT the game - but the image we project of our student body needs some work - and if we let student groups sit together - that might help.

So I'm bringing this up to ask if there's  away we could get shots of students that look more collegiate? Having a bunch of cute girls in cute dresses would be one way of doing that. Note: I am not talking about fraternities. no one cares about how guys look on TV. Sorry.

Dear Belle,

Thanx for having our backs. Not only do the ugly ppl not deserve to represent the university during football games, but they also shouldn't hassle us "hotties" when we fly on Southwest.

Sincerely,

The USF Girls who were discriminated against because they were "too pretty"

sp32-20080228-165220.jpg

• Content Count:  478

i'm half joking but half being serious - remember the guy at auburn in the wrestling suit? People at work (and i am in a theoretical phd program so im nerdy too believe me) STILL tease me (and you know its bad when philosophers tease you) - about that dude.

I am just trying to say that allowing large groups to sit together creates positive visuals. and visuals do matter when a) a program does not have a coherent identity B) we have had some image problems already (re: kansas fans) and c) up till a few years ago no one knew who USF was. thats all. but the people wearing jorts have got to go! ;)

I was just trying to say PR is really important. usf football is a product - and we shouldn't forget that. I mean in all honesty y'all wouldnt have threads like "tired of politics" and pics of jen stergers boobs on sigs if you didnt recognize that visuals are important! :)

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

The 300 sections weren't very filled either. This was a big game and they didn't all show up.

I heard students didn't want to go if they had seats in the 300 level. That's ridiculous.

part of the problem is the new student ticket policy.  Though it is unlikely, I am sure there are students who put their names in just to get the tickets and loyalty points then decide not to go, not realizing you have to show to get the points.  Also, we have no way to guarantee we can sit with our friends.  Seating is determined by level, and every game I have had my friends that I usually sit with get a different level.  Though we have still gone and made due, it is likely some people don't go because they will be alone in the 200 or 300 level.  Also, our guests only get 300 level.  why would we invite guests, who we want to sit with, to come and send then up to the 300 level while we stay in the lower bowl?

The policy is a start though, but needs some revisions.

I see assigned seating in the future.... Also, I'd bet there were a decent amount of students that stayed out in lot 14 during the game... It still seems sometimes that drinking is more important that the game to these kids...

unfortunately you are right about the drinking,  but don't label all students like that.  There are many of us who arfe there for an awesome game of Bulls football, and we like to drink as much as the donors  ;)

• Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

I remember you from when I was a student at USF.  You were the guy who bought your friends.  Yes, these are the people who make USF athletics worthwhile.  Thank God for the Greeks!!! 

Yes I buy my friends. :clap

I'll remember to give you extra vacation time when you work for me some day.

They need to check out what the other big schools in florida do for there student tickets.

How about Juniors and Seniors get first chance at endzone sophs and freshman get 300 tickets and whatever seats are

left in the endzone.

Good start.  I was pissed I only got 40 loyalty points for being a senior.  I have been to EVERY home game since I first came to USF  in '05... under the new system that's worth (6 home games)x(4 seasons)x(10 pts/fb game) + 20 points for the uncounted "less popular" sports games I have gone to = 240 points +.  

Maybe a good start to assigned seating would be assigning groups of rows (i.e row A-J) or someting similar.  They should also let us form groups or something so our friends, who are just as loyal, don't end up in other levels.  There would obviously have to be limits on these groups as well.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

i'm half joking but half being serious - remember the guy at auburn in the wrestling suit? People at work (and i am in a theoretical phd program so im nerdy too believe me) STILL tease me (and you know its bad when philosophers tease you) - about that dude.

I am just trying to say that allowing large groups to sit together creates positive visuals. and visuals do matter when a) a program does not have a coherent identity B) we have had some image problems already (re: kansas fans) and c) up till a few years ago no one knew who USF was. thats all. but the people wearing jorts have got to go! ;)

I was just trying to say PR is really important. usf football is a product - and we shouldn't forget that. I mean in all honesty y'all wouldnt have threads like "tired of politics" and pics of jen stergers boobs on sigs if you didnt recognize that visuals are important! :)

Oh no, they tease you about the guy wearing the wrestling suit?!? Guess what? I crack jokes about that as well. As far as your second paragraph...you could put a group of Playboy playmates in their own section, and it wouldn't change the perception that's been formed that we're a big bunch of a$$holes. Period.

• Content Count:  743

Only talked for a minute but from what I heard the FIU fans weren't too great either... They aren't on our level of national publicity so it won't be a big deal for them but just shows there are bad apples everywhere.

Archived