• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why this game is close.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Um, we're way beyond these silly comparisons.

The only stats that matter:

2005: 31-14

2006: 24-17

2007: 64-12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Velcro,

USF at FAU,  Elon at USF. 

No smack, just explain*

@ FAU - 40 MPH wind, trap game coming off big win over WVU, 1st time ever playing with national pressure. FAU was pretty good last year. sorry, but they were a better team than you guys.

@ FIU '06 - Freshman QB starting first game...OC didn't do much. No RB. Making switch from power running team with Andre Hall to true spread offense.

Every year is different, but we returned 9/10 on offense, and 7/8 on defense, we are confident, we are more ready to deal with the national attention, we have solid RBs, you guys have never had an answer for Grothe. I could go on, but it's not necessary.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Velcro,

No smack, just explain*

Chad, what game(s) has UCF ever won as an underdog?  I can't recall any except maybe NC State last season.  So what makes you think you will except for "this is college football and anything can happen"?  I can accept that, but do you have something else?  Also, what makes you think this UCF team can score 29 points when it hasn't happened against USF yet, even when UCF had better players than this year.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

UCF has scored 43 points in THREE games against USF, and now they're going to score 29 in one?

Yeah.  Not happening.

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro,

No smack, just explain*

Chad, what game(s) has UCF ever won as an underdog?  I can't recall any except maybe NC State last season.  So what makes you think you will except for "this is college football and anything can happen"?  I can accept that, but do you have something else?  Also, what makes you think this UCF team can score 29 points when it hasn't happened against USF yet, even when UCF had better players than this year.

Alabama in their house at homecoming in 2000.

Next question: Our defense is not the same you saw last year.  Stronger (one guy squats over 650), one guy benches 450, hungrier, faster and meaner.  5th rated pre-season defensive backfield in the country. We shut out a team that is expected to win the MEAC and would have absolutely crushed Tenn-Martin.  Go ask South Carolina fans what they think about them when they were tied at the half last year.  Look who Tenn-Martin lost to by way of comparison last year.  Talk about sucky. ::)

UF's national championship team in the swamp didn't beat us as bad as you all did last year.  That to me was an novelty (great win), than a an accurate projection of what will happen this year. USF is dominant as heck at home, but I am not sold on the road.  Look at UConn, bowl game, etc.  UCF is also way harder to beat at BHNS and this year it's personal.  That's why I said 29-27.  Just being honest.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Velcro,

No smack, just explain*

Next question: Our defense is not the same you saw last year.  Stronger (one guy squats over 650), one guy benches 450, hungrier, faster and meaner.  5th rated pre-season defensive backfield in the country. We shut out a team that is expected to win the MEAC and would have absolutely crushed Tenn-Martin.  Go ask South Carolina fans what they think about them when they were tied at the half last year.  Look who Tenn-Martin lost to by way of comparison last year.  Talk about sucky. ::)

UF's national championship team in the swamp didn't beat us as bad as you all did last year.  That to me was an novelty (great win), than a an accurate projection of what will happen this year. USF is dominant as heck at home, but I am not sold on the road.  Look at UConn, bowl game, etc.  UCF is also way harder to beat at BHNS and this year it's personal.  That's why I said 29-27.  Just being honest.

Is your defense getting better or playing lesser offenses?  I think it is the latter, we'll see.  As for the 29 points, it's your gut feeling, nothing more, and I can accept that. 

Let's not build up I-AA schools to be better than they are.  I don't have to do transitive properties with I-AA teams to argue my team is better.

As for USF on the road, we have not always been good on the road.  However, in the last 2 years we have won @UCF, @UNC, @WVU, @Auburn, @FAU, @ Syr and @ Pitt.  Not bad.  Better than the teams you guys have beaten at BHNS.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Velcro,

No smack, just explain*

"This year it's personal." What the hell is that suppose to mean? It wasn't "personal" enough for you the last three years? If I recall, it was "personal" after a few of our players stomped on your logo after the 2006 game. It was personal the way CJL celebrated the 2006 victory. What makes this year's game any more "personal"?

We all heard the excuses after 2006 regarding not having Kevin Smith for the game. If I recall, you had him in 2007, and the net result was USF winning by an additional 45 points.

The real question is what did your offense show you that gives you any hope that they can do ANYTHING against our defense? Do you think you are the only team who has improved since we played last season? Do you know how much CJL hates your scumbag coach and your team? Do you think it will be personal for Grothe after all the crap your ignorant fans gave him last year?

Then you bring up how we play on the road. Last year we had two better road wins (Auburn and PITT)  than UCiF has had in its 26 or so years of fielding a "football team." Your marquee wins are over a 3-8 Bama and last year's win over NC State with their brand new head coach at the helm.

Our defense faces a better team everyday when they line up against the scout team than they will face on Saturday night. The only way we lose is if we do just that, LOSE, completely give the game away.

Keep touting the strength of SC State and singing their praises for being "TIED" with South Carolina after one half of football. Do you know what the score of that game was after the first quarter? USC 17 SCST 3.  The final score you ask? USC 38 SCST 3. Nice try, but you FAILED miserably in trying to console yourself over your team's pathetic performance on Saturday.

Prepare for a beatdown on Saturday, because it's coming!

• Content Count:  1,260

Velcro,

No smack, just explain*

So the last time they won as an underdog was 8 years ago? I think you just proved the point there. As for the defensive improvements...that's wonderful...and maybe you did significantly upgrade....but without actually playing the game, the most we can do is compare stats and history. Since Grothe became our starter two years ago...we have scored at least 15 points in every game except 3 (all in his first year)...so it's reasonable to say that we are still capable of scoring at least 15 points Saturday. Last year you scored 12...and now you have a new starting QB and aren't sure who your starting HB is. Who exactly do you say will be scoring your 16?

• Content Count:  573

Keep touting the strength of SC State and singing their praises for being "TIED" with South Carolina after one half of football. Do you know what the score of that game was after the first quarter? USC 17 SCST 3.  The final score you ask? USC 38 SCST 3. Nice try, but you FAILED miserably in trying to console yourself over your team's pathetic performance on Saturday.

Prepare for a beatdown on Saturday, because it's coming!

LOL!  Facts never get in the way for ucfs delusional fans  ::).  OWNED  >:D

• Content Count:  2,461

Just so everyone is clear about the difference between UTM and SC State... Here are the rankings (votes) in the FCS...

Others receiving votes: Northern Arizona 249, Fordham 212, Delaware State 198, Jacksonville State 195, Yale 170, Sam Houston State 166, Montana State 146, Furman 120, Liberty 115, Jackson State 79, South Carolina State 76, Holy Cross 74, Hofstra 61, Colgate 56, Grambling 55, Norfolk State 48, Coastal Carolina 44, Hampton 41, Southern 32, Northwestern State 30, Tennessee-Martin 30, UC Davis 22, Weber State 17, Lafayette 16, Alabama A&M 10, Texas Southern 9, Brown 9, Nicholls State 9, Dayton 6, Tennessee State 5, San Diego 4, Albany 4, Maine 1, Prairie View 1.

Not too much of a difference, is there?

Archived