• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Why this game is close.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

1996 Florida Gators At FSU/Doak C. stadium only serves to illustrate the fact that college football is a very, very unpredictable sport.  Las Vegas odds makers aren't sold and if I were you I would be scratching my heads as to why they aren't believing the hype. I honestly can't wait to see Selvie, he is a fantastic football player.  Will be hard to stop.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Odds makers aren't sold? We are almost a 10 point road favorite. You don't see that too often, especially since home teams usually get 3 points off the bat for homefield advantage. So the odds makers are thinking USF should win by at least 2 TD's.

Chad, you might want to quit trying to bring up all of these games from the past that didn't involve USF or UCF. They have no bearing on this game. As Eats It pointed out, there is a huge talent discrepancy between our teams, while there is minimal between the like of FSU-UF or FSU-Miami.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

FYI, I fully expect UCF to challenge for another CUSA title, although ECU will be tough.

But to say that the same defense that gave up 64 to us last year will shut us down... that's just ludicrous.  Besides, who gives a crap about UCF's secondary?  We're just going to run it down their throats all day long...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We all know that anything can happen in college football.  For example we whipped Louisville in 2005 at home.  However, we got a once-in-a-lifetime effort from a previously unknown WR in Amarri Jackson, and ran every trick play we could.  Also, we had beaten UL previously at home in 2003.

UCF has never beaten USF, and GOL does not run any gadget plays.  Just line-up and attempt to cram it down our throats.  Also, when was the last time UCF got up and beat a team better than them?  Never?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The funniest thing about UCFers hyping their starting secondary is that USF is frequently going to have 4-5wr sets on offense forcing UCF to go to their bench to try to cover the bulls.  Your starting 4 might be "great" (even though USF torched them all game last year) but what happens when you put that 3rd and 4th CB in the game?  Pretty sure we showed what happens last year.  UCF's secondary doesn't have the depth to to cover one of the deepest and most athletic position groups on our team. 

• Content Count:  1,260

29-27? It's possible...but who is going to be scoring the 29 for UCF? Even when 24k was there you didn't break 20.

• Content Count:  4,016

BTW, UCF's secondary is solid, but as someone reminded this is the same starting four that surrendered 238ypg last year as the 69th best pass defense.  By contrast we had the 32nd rated pass offense against the 19th toughest schedule, while UCF was 69th against the 83rd toughest schedule. 

They're a solid bunch, but a few things ring true.  Joe Burnett tried coming out early last year only to find out he was more valued in the NFL as a returner then a corner.  Most draft people had him rated well behind Trae Williams.  Also, as a unit they're a smallish defensive backfield, with their largest safety standing around 5-11 205...by contrast USF has Carlton Williams at 6-3 215, and Gachette at 6-2 215lbs and Nate Allen at 6-2 210lbs. 

Again USF has to be real careful because UCF's defense will exploit mistakes but they're not a large defense, and not a real fast defense. 

• Content Count:  639

vegasinsider.com has the line at -8.5 USF; probably the best source. I hope it's an exciting game. As far as my analysis, they are some intangibles that favor us, noise a lot louder than many Bull fans think, the steel and bowl shape makes it sound a lot louder than just a 45k seat stadium(look up some McCoy quotes after their game). There are also many things that don't favor us, inexperience at RB, and QB. Not making a prediction but I think the first quarter is huge; if it's tied or UCF has a small lead, I think it will be a close game all 4 quarters. The first quarter sets the tone for an exciting finish or possibly another dud.

Archived