• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things to work on...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Answer this Jim... was clear penetration by the D-lineman that got the tip... or did he jump up and get it from the LOS? Haven't seen the replay enough to be able to tell. A tip is normally from the LOS or beyond.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer this Jim... was clear penetration by the D-lineman that got the tip... or did he jump up and get it from the LOS? Haven't seen the replay enough to be able to tell. A tip is normally from the LOS or beyond.

He got penetration and jumped... if he was at the LOS he would have missed it.  I actually used my DVR and paused, rewound, and advanced frame by frame to watch it.

At the game, I can say that #45 was celebrating while running to the sideline well before the kick... and I turned to my seat mates and said tipped when it happened. (End zone seats have a good perspective)

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I assumed when it fell short that it was tipped because it wasn't spinning end over end, it had more of a wobble to it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

He got penetration and jumped... if he was at the LOS he would have missed it.  I actually used my DVR and paused, rewound, and advanced frame by frame to watch it.

At the game, I can say that #45 was celebrating while running to the sideline well before the kick... and I turned to my seat mates and said tipped when it happened. (End zone seats have a good perspective)

Noticed the same thing.  I said "tipped" as soon as it was by the line of scrimmage.  Flight of the ball changed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

3. OL missed a blitz, we have to pick those up, LB came through completely untouched

**** them for not being perfect  ;D

This could have been due to who was in the O-Line or a RB ... far from concerned.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

It wasn't apparent on the broadcast that it was tipped.  Pretty sure the announcers didn't say anything about that - unless I just missed it.  I haven't gone back and watched the replay, but I believe y'all. 

I'm not using Delbert as a whipping boy.  So, give me a break.

I think it was Schmidt who missed the block on the sack.  Lord help me if I'm wrong on that - I'm sure I'll get piled on again!

The announcers didn't say anything, but then these guys aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

I had to go frame-by-frame and saw the tip that way... admittedly not the best views and they never replayed the kick because they wanted to break for a commercial.

Aaaahhhhhh - I just read the Teachey > Alvarado thread and now I understand!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

While we're talking placekicking, does anybody know the reasoning behind having Selvie in on extra points (if he is on all of them)? To be honest, I only noticed it once and didn't check again later or on the field goal .....

Archived