• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things to work on...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

OK, what did everyone see that they would like to see improved by the time we play next week??

For me...

1. Kick Coverage, they looked like with some better athletes, they could have broken one open. Did Teachey have a tackle?

2. Still a couple of dropped passes (TJ, Hester)

3. OL missed a blitz, we have to pick those up, LB came through completely untouched

4. Gregory has got to learn that every pass doesn't have to be thrown 100 mph, he has a great arm, but needs to work on touch. Receiver was wide open on the pick he threw, with some air under it, he clears the LB, and the play is made. This seemed like an issue to me last year as well, I am sure it's a timing thing as well, and he isn't comfortable taking something off because he doesn't trust leading the receiver a little further.

5. FG

6. BJ looked great, one scramble though, he was carrying the ball away from his body a bit.

3, 5, and 6 are one time offenses, so maybe not an issue.

We won by 49, but there are always things to work on right? This team is loaded with talent and as long as we get better every week, it's going to be a great season.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I was gonna say #2 myself. Dropped a handful of easy passes (IMO). That's something that has plagued us over time, so hopefully that will improve. However, there were also some very good catches on tough passes, so really it goes both ways.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Have to agree with you on #1

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I think Leavitt mentioned that there might have been gaps in the kick coverage.

I also hope to see more of Theo Wilson and others in punt returns this year.  Our blocking looked great and I think with a better play maker there we'll get some more points from special teams again.

Also, about Gregory:  I think with BJ Daniels emerging that we might see even less of Gregory this year.  I wonder how long it'll take for Daniels to be the backup.  I mean, this was only one game, but Gregory didn't look great.  He's looked much better last year, so we'll see.  If you are going to waste a redshirt, though, and Gregory might not get a medical redshirt for next year, then you might as well play BJ Daniels first when we have more mop-up time.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

FG - It was a long one, but Delbert missed badly.  Need a consistent FG kicker.

The kick was tipped... if not, Delbert would have made it.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The kick was tipped... if not, Delbert would have made it.

Totally agree with Jim on this one.  Give Delbert a break, this was not his fault entirely.  Remember, we're going to need Delbert in a couple games this year, so we need to get on his side.  After all he's a Bull and we don't turn on our own guys.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

It's the kicker's fault when a ball gets tipped (when a ball is blocked, it's the line's fault)... part of being a kicker is clearing the line of scrimmage. Don't recall the Gramatica's getting balls tipped at the line.

It's the kicker's fault when a ball gets tipped (when a ball is blocked, it's the line's fault)... part of being a kicker is clearing the line of scrimmage. Don't recall the Gramatica's getting balls tipped at the line.

I disagree... it's the line who blocks and lets the players get close enough to tip the ball...

Archived