• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teachey > Alvarado shirts.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

I believe he kicked pretty good towards the end of the season. Most of the "fans" don't know jack about football and even less about the team. It's nice to see the students out at the games though. It's just too bad a few of them are still a little immature.

Go Bulls.

I wish he stuck to punting as I think he may be good enough to play in the NFL one day but if we don't have anyone better at kicking then I think he is not a bad option. He stunk at the beginning of last year but he did improve tremendously at the end.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Without being a kicker or even sleeping at a Holiday Inn I'm  guessing its good to have separate Kickoff / FG kickers.

Teachey can concentrate on the mechanics of booming kickoffs which must be diffrent than fieldgoals.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

As a fan base, we need to get the in the face of anyone wearing a shirt denegrating a player on the team until they either remove it or turn it inside out.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Fairly certain that the ball was not tipped at the line. I watched the game this morning, listened to post game on the way home last night, and Leavitt on that show all said that Delbert just missed the ball.

Sorry, but it is not anyone's fault but Delberts. I feel bad for the kid, I really do, but I think that I would rather see someone else on kicks. Delbert is a good punter, but I don't think he is getting it done on FGs. Maybe it's Teachey, maybe someone else, but I for one would like for something to change.

...By the way, CJL also mentioned that he was ticked at Teachey for a couple of his kickoffs. Not sure which ones, but it sounded like there were 2 that didn't impress the coach at all. I thought kick coverage was a little suspect, hope we work that out before next week.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Whether or not people like it, Delbert is our starting kicker. Deal with it. As far as I'm concerned, as long the coaches keep him as the starter, I will continue to support him. Hell, every time he lined up to kick last night, I tried starting a "Let's go Delbert" chant. And one chick turned around and told me something along the lines of "Shut up, he sucks. We don't want him as our kicker" or something like that (couldn't understand her completely because I was still yelling. At that point I told her "He's our kicker, sit down and shut up". At which point she sat down and shut up.

She started it by flipping both birds to Delbert after he missed the 47 yard field goal.  What good is shooting your middle fingers going to do for a team member?

Sit down, b*tch.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Whether or not people like it, Delbert is our starting kicker. Deal with it. As far as I'm concerned, as long the coaches keep him as the starter, I will continue to support him. Hell, every time he lined up to kick last night, I tried starting a "Let's go Delbert" chant. And one chick turned around and told me something along the lines of "Shut up, he sucks. We don't want him as our kicker" or something like that (couldn't understand her completely because I was still yelling. At that point I told her "He's our kicker, sit down and shut up". At which point she sat down and shut up.

She started it by flipping both birds to Delbert after he missed the 47 yard field goal.  What good is shooting your middle fingers going to do for a team member?

Sit down, b*tch.

The problem was she started giving him the bird as soon as I started the chant, before they even lined up prior to the snap. There's no need for that kinda BS. And there's especially no need to tell me to shut up when I'm supporting our players. Tell me not to support my players (despite their success or shortcomings on the field), and I will have no problem putting you in your place.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Sit down, b*tch.

The problem was she started giving him the bird as soon as I started the chant, before they even lined up prior to the snap. There's no need for that kinda BS. And there's especially no need to tell me to shut up when I'm supporting our players. Tell me not to support my players (despite their success or shortcomings on the field), and I will have no problem putting you in your place.

Thats ridiculous. I wanted Delbert to make that one really bad. I heard you guys chanting over there. Hopefully the issues get worked out before next week. With this team, no game on our schedule should come down to a FG.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Sit down, b*tch.

Thats ridiculous. I wanted Delbert to make that one really bad. I heard you guys chanting over there. Hopefully the issues get worked out before next week. With this team, no game on our schedule should come down to a FG.

Honestly, I'm hoping the chant will catch on. Maybe I'm naive, but I think it would help his confidence immensely if there were a larger group chanting "Let's Go Delbert".

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

We get the top kicking recruit and start Alvarado as our FG kicker.  Why?  Alvarado is horrendous.  In 2006 he was 55% and just 65% in 2007.  That's horrible!  I can't believe you people have already forgot the blown games last season and nearly blown Auburn game.  When your kicker is just over 50% and is also missing extra points there is a serious problem.  Alvarado needs to just focus on making sure there is plenty of water and towels for Teachey so we don't make ourselves the laughing stock of college football as we did last year.

P.S. Theman, you didn't even spell the name right of the guy you are defending...

*sigh* 

This has been argued 100 times, but Alvarado didn't "blow" any game.  We lost by 3, 7, and 5 points.  He may have missed some field goals but everyone else on the team had plenty of chances to do better in those 3 games, including the refs in the Rutgers game.

As for Auburn.  Ok, yeah, it was a bad game with 2 terrible misses.  1 was blocked.  1 was a game-tying FG to go to overtime.

This year?  0/0 because his only "attempt" was blocked.  Let's give it a few more games...

Archived