• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teachey > Alvarado shirts.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Haha no matter how bad he does, people will always find ways to defend alvarado. I dont trust Leavitt on this one. He plays favorites. Alvarado is his golden child.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha no matter how bad he does, people will always find ways to defend alvarado. I dont trust Leavitt on this one. He plays favorites. Alvarado is his golden child.

and like clockwork, you swoop in and throw gasoline on the Delbert debate--

look, we realize you hate the dude-- you have done NOTHING but rally against him since the start.

I dont hate him, Im just tired of seeing him kicking field goals. Its a message board, everyone has their own opinions.

Im not knocking anyone for defending him, Im just stating my opinion. Dont get so worked up, broski.

• Content Count:  1,625
  • Days Won:  0

There were way to many kicks last year that because they werent straight kicks he would butcher them. Think about the auburn game. He missed two 38 yard field goals that were to the right of the goal post and one of them didnt even land in the field of play. Maybe we dont have anyone better and I'll support whoever is playing but he is not a good kicker

Fairly certain that the ball was not tipped at the line. I watched the game this morning, listened to post game on the way home last night, and Leavitt on that show all said that Delbert just missed the ball.

Sorry, but it is not anyone's fault but Delberts. I feel bad for the kid, I really do, but I think that I would rather see someone else on kicks. Delbert is a good punter, but I don't think he is getting it done on FGs. Maybe it's Teachey, maybe someone else, but I for one would like for something to change.

...By the way, CJL also mentioned that he was ticked at Teachey for a couple of his kickoffs. Not sure which ones, but it sounded like there were 2 that didn't impress the coach at all. I thought kick coverage was a little suspect, hope we work that out before next week.

It was tipped by #45 of UTM... the replay showed it to me.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Jim, if it was tipped, then he is not getting under the ball enough. The kid is on scholarship to do one thing... make field goals. He has proven he can't consistently make them. Either we give the new kicker a chance, or we let Alvarado battle his way out of the slump (and deal with the criticism). I know what the kickers did in practice when I was playing (and I doubt much has changed since). If anyone should feel weight on their shoulders to be consistent, it should be the kickers. Coach Leavitt gives them more free time than anyone. Maybe they should bring the leg presses and what not to the practice field and have the kickers getting extra sets in while the other players are killing themselves.

For every kick missed in a game, I would personally have the kicker running 100 gassers from Sunday morning through Wednesday morning at 5 AM. A kicker can make or break a season. We are a National Championship contender this season... I don't feel comfortable in a close game with Alvarado kicking.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Make the kicks then... Welcome to College Football... You under perform, you will get called out.

Jim, if it was tipped, then he is not getting under the ball enough. The kid is on scholarship to do one thing... make field goals. He has proven he can't consistently make them. Either we give the new kicker a chance, or we let Alvarado battle his way out of the slump (and deal with the criticism). I know what the kickers did in practice when I was playing (and I doubt much has changed since). If anyone should feel weight on their shoulders to be consistent, it should be the kickers. Coach Leavitt gives them more free time than anyone. Maybe they should bring the leg presses and what not to the practice field and have the kickers getting extra sets in while the other players are killing themselves.

For every kick missed in a game, I would personally have the kicker running 100 gassers from Sunday morning through Wednesday morning at 5 AM. A kicker can make or break a season. We are a National Championship contender this season... I don't feel comfortable in a close game with Alvarado kicking.

I was under the impression that Delbert was recruited to be our PUNTER, not as a place kicker--- I know he did both, but it seems like you are making him out to be some failure of the coaching staff to find an adequate guy (which has some merit).

Also-- Selvie sucks as a center -- hasn't snapped a single ball since he was recruited. I think I just imploded my own argument

QFT

Yes, he is a punter, so that is all he should be doing. Put Bonani in there, give the kid a shot in a real game.

Archived