• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teachey > Alvarado shirts.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Yesterday's kick was blocked/tipped.

Also, Teachey's kicks were wind aided...still good kicks, but he did have a little help.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,066

Im not going to say Teachey would be better at Fg's but Teachey was amazing yesterday on Kick Offs and Alverado looked terrible on his only FG chance, granted it was a 47 yd. What do you people to say? When your starting kicker misses 4 FG's in one game and misses many kicks that would have won us games or tied it up its hard to say you back him. Until he shows some consistancy the ridicule will continue.

The shirts arent neccessary though

Yesterday's FG chance....

Was the ball tipped at the line or was that an outright miss?  The ball looked a little flat in the air with the wind to our back...

How about making the entire unit accountable for the poor FG performance thus far (inclusing 2007 season).  Isn't it the line's responsibility to provide the security and confidence that the kicker will have enough time and room to do what he does best, split the uprights?  Isn't it the responsibility fo the holder to ensure the snap is handled cleanly and placed in just the right fashion to allow an optimal kick?

Enough on placing the responsibility solely on Alverado.

I'm not questioning your arguement but did you watch the Auburn, Rutgers, or Uconn games? He is not an accurate kicker. It may have been because the field was wet but I saw nothing in terms of the line or holder that you can blame it on them. Some teams just don't have good kickers. Why is that so hard to accept?

Ninja,

It is unacceptable.  As confirmed, yesterday's kick was tipped at the line.  So, was that Alverado's fault?  '07 is in the past now, and yeah maybe most of the responsibility fell on Alverado during that season which let the FG UNIT down (I was at the Rutgers and UConn games)...The line let down the FG UNIT last night. It has to be and always should be a TEAM effort.

On a positive note, if our offense keeps scoring TD's at will, then game saving/winning FG's hopefully won't be an issue this season!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Teachey has a great leg for Kick Offs ! A Great Weapon !! He had 15 touchbacks in 2006 and 12 last season.

Was the shirt worn by a girl? Maybe it had nothing to do with football  ;)

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,066

Teachey has a great leg for Kick Offs ! A Great Weapon !! He had 15 touchbacks in 2006 and 12 last season.

Go BULLS !!!

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

We get the top kicking recruit and start Alvarado as our FG kicker.  Why?  Alvarado is horrendous.  In 2006 he was 55% and just 65% in 2007.  That's horrible!  I can't believe you people have already forgot the blown games last season and nearly blown Auburn game.  When your kicker is just over 50% and is also missing extra points there is a serious problem.  Alvarado needs to just focus on making sure there is plenty of water and towels for Teachey so we don't make ourselves the laughing stock of college football as we did last year.

P.S. Theman, you didn't even spell the name right of the guy you are defending...

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We get the top kicking recruit and start Alvarado as our FG kicker.  Why?  Alvarado is horrendous.  In 2006 he was 55% and just 65% in 2007.  That's horrible!  I can't believe you people have already forgot the blown games last season and nearly blown Auburn game.  When your kicker is just over 50% and is also missing extra points there is a serious problem.  Alvarado needs to just focus on making sure there is plenty of water and towels for Teachey so we don't make ourselves the laughing stock of college football as we did last year.

P.S. Theman, you didn't even spell the name right of the guy you are defending...

I think you missed the point of the post.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Go BULLS !!!

lol, no it was a guy

• Content Count:  5,591

We get the top kicking recruit and start Alvarado as our FG kicker.  Why?  Alvarado is horrendous.  In 2006 he was 55% and just 65% in 2007.  That's horrible!  I can't believe you people have already forgot the blown games last season and nearly blown Auburn game.  When your kicker is just over 50% and is also missing extra points there is a serious problem.  Alvarado needs to just focus on making sure there is plenty of water and towels for Teachey so we don't make ourselves the laughing stock of college football as we did last year.

Ok, I trust Jim Leavitt.  If he knew a true freshman would do better then Alvarado, he would put him in.  But right now, we do not have a FG kicker.  We have a good punter, a good kickoff kicker, and a true freshman.  Leavitt has put the one that has done the best the one who has performed the best in practice, and with the most experience.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Whether or not people like it, Delbert is our starting kicker. Deal with it. As far as I'm concerned, as long the coaches keep him as the starter, I will continue to support him. Hell, every time he lined up to kick last night, I tried starting a "Let's go Delbert" chant. And one chick turned around and told me something along the lines of "Shut up, he sucks. We don't want him as our kicker" or something like that (couldn't understand her completely because I was still yelling. At that point I told her "He's our kicker, sit down and shut up". At which point she sat down and shut up.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,773

Go BULLS !!!

lol, no it was a guy

Well...that doesn't necessarily negate E.T.'s thoughts. Just sayin'.... ;)

Archived