• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryne Giddens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I like how our coaching staff is developing a relationship with Armwood high school.  Armwood is consistantly sending players to division I college programs and is becommng one of the best high school football programs in the state.

Armwood already is one of the best programs in the state and has been for a while now. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I like how our coaching staff is developing a relationship with Armwood high school.  Armwood is consistantly sending players to division I college programs and is becommng one of the best high school football programs in the state.

Dude between transfers, and walk-ons USF has had more than a dozen of 'Da Wood's' players on our team for the past 11 years.  Coach Cal and Leavitt are tight, and we've done some good, smart moves early on that have engrained us in 'Da Wood's' eyes for quite sometime.

Taking Jarriette Buie, getting him in, and making him a 2 year starter was a very impressive feat for USF and got us massive brownie points.  Other similar situations come to mind but remember there are no roadblocks at Armwood if USF wants to recruit one of their players.

• Content Count:  919

I called Rivals Radio last week and asked Mike Farrell about Giddens, and he said he expects him to stay in-state and play for one of the big 3, but thinks UF at this point.  Farrell did not mention USF at all.

I called Farrell last year and asked about Streeter, and he said UM at the time everyone was speculating between USC, Oregon, and USF.  So I do respect Farrell's stuff.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Giddons was at the game saturday vs Cuse..............told him to stay home and be hometown hero!!!

• Content Count:  622

I did not see him - where was he at? I was sitting with some of my players in the South Endzone.

I saw a couple of QB's - Naples/Zephyrhills. I sat in front of a former FSU linebacker who coaches at.. Lake Howell maybe?? anyway he was there with 2 of his linebackers. He knew all of our players by name - good to have that guy among the coaching ranks in the Orlando area.

But there were quite a few athletic looking kids down right in the first couple rows.

I called Rivals Radio last week and asked Mike Farrell about Giddens, and he said he expects him to stay in-state and play for one of the big 3, but thinks UF at this point.  Farrell did not mention USF at all.

I called Farrell last year and asked about Streeter, and he said UM at the time everyone was speculating between USC, Oregon, and USF.  So I do respect Farrell's stuff.

I wouldn't trust Farrell on this one.  He's got no real insight on Giddens, and Ryne is an independent thinker.  Look at where he's at, and why that will be your best judge.  Streeter never attended one USF game, Giddens been to three this year.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

are we in his top 3?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

are we in his top 3?

Yup, and many say we are the team to beat at this point and time. 

• Content Count:  1,037

I think we need the gaytors to lose a few games. Oscar Meyer will do anything he needs to do to land a recruit. They guy is notorious for lying to recruits. "Come to UF and you'll be the next percy harvin." Their players end up at the bottom of the depth chart and have to transfer to other schools (USF being one). At least CJL has the loyalty issue.

I think we need the gaytors to lose a few games. Oscar Meyer will do anything he needs to do to land a recruit. They guy is notorious for lying to recruits. "Come to UF and you'll be the next percy harvin." Their players end up at the bottom of the depth chart and have to transfer to other schools (USF being one). At least CJL has the loyalty issue.

Lies won't work with Ryne, he's a quirky cat but in a good way.  He's not easily deceived, and will not buy into hype.  Ryne's going to do what's best for Ryne and that's what is good and what we all wish more recruits would do.

Archived