• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryne Giddens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The kid has a chance to learn from and play with one of the best defensive ends in all of college football if Selvie returns.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

We have a chance to leave one last good impression with Ryne at our bowl game. The team just needs to play together and look like they want to be out there. At times this season we didn't have that at all.

But we will play before he makes his decision and the Gators wont play until 5 days after.

Hopefully that is a good thing. idk..

• Content Count:  879

Not sure he is gonna see the game.  I think he is visiting uf this weekend.  If he wants to make a splash with his announcement though, choosing usf will make a much bigger splash than uf.  With UF, it's just another great recruit....with USF, the biggest recruit to date.  IMO

• Content Count:  1,894

that could be what he's afriad of. If he goes to Florida he will be almost surely be developed into an NFL caliber end. If he chooses USF it's a possibility but more of a risk.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think we have a great shot at Ryne but the thing that scares me about UF is they have McCarney who really helped develop Selvie.  I still think we get him but i would feel much better against anyone but UF. 

• Content Count:  573

that could be what he's afriad of. If he goes to Florida he will be almost surely be developed into an NFL caliber end. If he chooses USF it's a possibility but more of a risk.

ask Torrey Davis and John Brown

• Content Count:  919

USF developed a 2-star center into a first round draft pick DE.  I'd say that's pretty good.  If Giddens goes to UF, he will probably sit for a few years.  If he stays home, he can compete for a starting job right away with the probable loss of Buie and Selvie.

• Content Count:  431

USF developed a 2-star center into a first round draft pick DE.  I'd say that's pretty good.  If Giddens goes to UF, he will probably sit for a few years.  If he stays home, he can compete for a starting job right away with the probable loss of Buie and Selvie.

This is exactly what Giddens and Pierre-Paul should be thinking if USF is one of the schools they would like to attend. Selvie has shown that the talent can be developed, get noticed by the college football community, and get hype and support from a large city like Tampa. With upper-classmen on the ends, USF should be a prime target for elite players like them.

• Content Count:  1,894

This is exactly what Giddens and Pierre-Paul should be thinking if USF is one of the schools they would like to attend. Selvie has shown that the talent can be developed, get noticed by the college football community, and get hype and support from a large city like Tampa. With upper-classmen on the ends, USF should be a prime target for elite players like them.

yea we lost the coach that helped selvie so much. And I don't think these two seasons prove we develop players when Florida is winning and getting to NC's.

• Content Count:  573

yea we lost the coach that helped selvie so much. And I don't think these two seasons prove we develop players when Florida is winning and getting to NC's.

We had that coach for 1 season.  Selvie was already being developed properly BEFORE said coach came in.  To think that Selvie is who he is because of that coach would be an insult to Selvie.  Look up his stats for his freshman year...I'd say not to bad for a frosh.

Please, DO NOT compare us to uf.  Why don't you compare us with other 12 y/o programs that have been playing in a BCS conf for 4 years.  Maybe then you won't make yourself look silly.

Archived