• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryne Giddens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

I think we need the gaytors to lose a few games. Oscar Meyer will do anything he needs to do to land a recruit. They guy is notorious for lying to recruits. "Come to UF and you'll be the next percy harvin." Their players end up at the bottom of the depth chart and have to transfer to other schools (USF being one). At least CJL has the loyalty issue.

I love how people assume that Urban Meyer has to lie to get recurits to play at Florida. How about the fact that he has won a national championship and is currently ranked #4 in the BCS and has a great opportunity to play for a national championship this year. Also who exactly are you refering to that was told he would be the next Percy Harvin and then transferred?

Ar far as Giddens, I would think that USF is in great shape...UF would love to get him but I beleive he wants to stay in Tampa and UF just took a commitment from a DE this week which I think it indicates that we are not getting him. Great pick up for USF if you get him.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

welcome to the board, ufgatorbuc.

what year did you graduate from uf?  curious as to what era of football you witnessed as a student.

• Content Count:  254

I think we need the gaytors to lose a few games. Oscar Meyer will do anything he needs to do to land a recruit. They guy is notorious for lying to recruits. "Come to UF and you'll be the next percy harvin." Their players end up at the bottom of the depth chart and have to transfer to other schools (USF being one). At least CJL has the loyalty issue.

I love how people assume that Urban Meyer has to lie to get recurits to play at Florida. How about the fact that he has won a national championship and is currently ranked #4 in the BCS and has a great opportunity to play for a national championship this year. Also who exactly are you refering to that was told he would be the next Percy Harvin and then transferred?

Ar far as Giddens, I would think that USF is in great shape...UF would love to get him but I beleive he wants to stay in Tampa and UF just took a commitment from a DE this week which I think it indicates that we are not getting him. Great pick up for USF if you get him.

I would think he is speaking about Jarrod Fayson.

welcome to the board, ufgatorbuc.

what year did you graduate from uf?  curious as to what era of football you witnessed as a student.

I graduated from UF in 1998 so i was pretty spoiled being at UF through Spurriers glory years.

• Content Count:  1,037

I would say at least 4-5 players have to transfer every year from UF because they are stuck at the bottom of the depth chart. I can't tell you where I got the quote from but I can tell you that I spend a lot of time on the Rivals message boards and there are a number of UM fans who despise Urban Meyer's recruiting tactics. Their stories are not unfounded, though. Recruits have had interviews at the end of the recruiting process and many have said that they were deceived by some of the things he says. Here is just one instance:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2008/09/did-urban-meyer.html

I would say at least 4-5 players have to transfer every year from UF because they are stuck at the bottom of the depth chart. I can't tell you where I got the quote from but I can tell you that I spend a lot of time on the Rivals message boards and there are a number of UM fans who despise Urban Meyer's recruiting tactics. Their stories are not unfounded, though. Recruits have had interviews at the end of the recruiting process and many have said that they were deceived by some of the things he says. Here is just one instance:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2008/09/did-urban-meyer.html

UF has had some transfers over the last couple of years and most of it was due to playing time...except for Fayson he was a cancer to the program. The problem is that UF had to bring in large classes every year for the last 3 years bcause of a lack of depth that Zook left the program with. Becasue of that there was going to be guys who were goign to be stcuk behind guys in the same class. This always leads to trasnfers which is not a bad thing for a program like UF or USF for that matter. It keeps guys competing for jobs and those that can't compete or don't want to compete move on. This may not sound that PC but thats life.

As for the article regarding Snead...if you beleive that garbage I own a large bridge spanning from bradenton to St Pete that I am looking to sell. I mean seriously, Tebow & Snead were at elite 11 QB camp together and Tebow was the most talked about recruit of that class. Plus the fact that UF had been recruiting Tebow since he was a Soph in highschool. The problem with Snead is he wanted to play for a big time program but he did not want to compete for a job he proved that again when he left Texas.

I don't think Meyer is a saint when it comes to running a program or recruiting, I also don't want him to be a saint either. He does get alot animosity from opposing schools and their fans but their is a reason for that and that is he is very sucessful at what he does.

• Content Count:  1,894

someone should tell those guys who arent playing at Florida to transfer to USF..

If only kids realized, hey if we all get together and decide to go to USF they will be disgusting. I hope that happens one day lol. Wishful thinking.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Giddins has two finalists

Armwood defensive end Ryne Giddins, one of the state's top uncommitted seniors, said today he has two finalists -- Florida and USF. He had also been considering North Carolina but dropped the Tar Heels from consideration.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder recently was named CSTV National Defensive Player of the Year. Rivals.com rates him as a top 100 national recruit.

Giddins will make his official visit to Florida on Friday. Earlier today he spent some time at USF.

--Of USF, Giddins said: "Why not dominate in my own backyard?"

--Of Florida, Giddins said: "They're dominating all the way around."

He will announce his decision on Jan. 3 at the U.S. Army All-American Game in San Antonio.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/12/giddins-has-two.html

• Content Count:  1,240

this would be so awesome if he put on a usf hat at that game, im not going to get my hopes up though

we could use a big signing like this to turn the momentum around

Archived