• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryne Giddens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If they are doing well late in the season, they would deserve national championship talk.  You have any evidence other than your own belief that ESPN is so corrupt to not let their "analysts" speak their own opinions?

Nope, but it's a corporation and that's how capitalism works.  They are going to try and sell their products. 

I suppose they may let analysts speak their minds to a certain extent, but they wont let anyone hurt the brand (unjustly of course). 

You saw the helmet contest.  Rece made some sort of apology or justification following his antics.  I'm sure he didn't want to.  I'm also sure that if FSU loses he'd be just as grossly surprised and wont say anything more than, "what's happening these days?"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

If they are doing well late in the season, they would deserve national championship talk.  You have any evidence other than your own belief that ESPN is so corrupt to not let their "analysts" speak their own opinions?

Nope, but it's a corporation and that's how capitalism works.  They are going to try and sell their products. 

I suppose they may let analysts speak their minds to a certain extent, but they wont let anyone hurt the brand (unjustly of course). 

You saw the helmet contest.  Rece made some sort of apology or justification following his antics.  I'm sure he didn't want to.  I'm also sure that if FSU loses he'd be just as grossly surprised and wont say anything more than, "what's happening these days?"

I see what you are saying, although there is no real way to prove it. However, if that were the case, why does ESPN talk up the SEC so much? CBS has the rights to the biggest and best SEC games throughout the year, as well as the SEC Championship game, yet the ESPN broadcasters still rave and marvel over the SEC.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I see what you are saying, although there is no real way to prove it. However, if that were the case, why does ESPN talk up the SEC so much? CBS has the rights to the biggest and best SEC games throughout the year, as well as the SEC Championship game, yet the ESPN broadcasters still rave and marvel over the SEC.

True, but the SEC is a large group of fans and ESPN is based in the east.  They want to hype the BEast while not alianating other fans.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

Watching ESPNU right now and they are showing a replay of Plant High vs. Armwood. Giddens is looking very impresive. However I am a bit confused. When they were talking about his favorites they say his coach belives it is going to come down to Florida and "Central Florida"?!?! I didn't think they were even in the mix  ??? 

Has anyone heard this? Or is this just another ignorant ESPN employee who meant to say "South Florida"?

• Content Count:  557

Watching ESPNU right now and they are showing a replay of Plant High vs. Armwood. Giddens is looking very impresive. However I am a bit confused. When they were talking about his favorites they say his coach belives it is going to come down to Florida and "Central Florida"?!?! I didn't think they were even in the mix  ??? 

Has anyone heard this? Or is this just another ignorant ESPN employee who meant to say "South Florida"?

OOOOps just read the plant vs. armwood thread.

Answer: Just another ignorant ESPN employee!

• Content Count:  403

This guy would be fantastic for our program.  He will be better than Selvie.  I hope we can get him!

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

His mom is SOLD on the BULLS!!!  ;D

I hope it doesn't become another Rickey Jean Francois case where his mom was sold on USF and he refused to sign his LOI to USF. So, a few days later, his dad signed it to LSU behind his mom's back. Now Francois is the #1DT in the country. Imagine if we had both Selvie and Francois last near and now.

October 2, 2008

Jamie Newberg

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Jamie Newberg is a football recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. He tackles your questions in his weekly mailbag feature.

Ryne Giddins is having a heck of a senior season. Who will land this big-time pass rusher? Does Georgia still have the inside track with cornerback Branden Smith, and why is Smith rated lower than Dre Kirkpatrick? Alabama seems to be riding a wave of momentum, but how's Auburn doing in recruiting? Oklahoma has landed some good linebackers – but just how good are they?

Jamie's Mailbag

Getting Giddins

Where will Ryne Giddins end up?

-- Shawn from Haines City, Fla.

-----

Ryne Giddins (6 feet 4/235 pounds), from Seffner (Fla.) Armwood, is one of the top defensive ends in the nation. Giddins, a four-star prospect, is a cat-quick edge rusher, and I believe it's a four-team race to land him – Florida, USF, North Carolina and USC.

The real race for Ryne Giddins could come down to Florida, USF, North Carolina and USC.

As with many recruits, Giddins is infatuated with playing for the Trojans. But distance could loom large for Giddins and his family as National Signing Day nears.

Giddins visited North Carolina over the summer with two of his teammates and was surprised at what he saw. He also loves that UNC coaches have NFL experience.

USF is the local team – Seffner is a Tampa suburb – and Giddins has a great relationship with the Bulls' coaching staff. His mother is sold on the Bulls, who are a team that annually should contend for the Big East title, which means a shot at the BCS.

Florida also is close to home – about a two-hour drive – and Giddins likes Florida coach Urban Meyer and his staff. Plus, Florida has signed Armwood's best player in each of the past two years (Matt Patchan in 2008, Torrey Davis in 2007).

So who will get him in the end? If USC were closer to home, I think he would be a Trojan. But I think distance will become too much of a factor against the Trojans. In the end, I believe it will come down to the Bulls and the Gators, and I would lean toward USF at this time.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=858049

• Content Count:  622

Awesome! Ryne is the real deal.

• Content Count:  622

Actually... this might change after tonights meltdown..

• Content Count:  403

I like how our coaching staff is developing a relationship with Armwood high school.  Armwood is consistantly sending players to division I college programs and is becommng one of the best high school football programs in the state.

Archived