• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UCF Football

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I agree w/MikeG. This thing is over after '08, so let's find some other school to plug in for scheduling purposes. As much as it's been touted as a 'rivalry' game , be honest, after four losses do you really want more of the same? Wanna play ECU again?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

If we're going to beat the tar out of someone, I'd like to see us schedule USM.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Bring on USM...man I hate them!!! I'll never forget when we beat them in '02 and when our cheerleaders were running around with the Bulls flags, one of their a$$hole-jock players hit one of our cheerleaders.  I was like...wtf?

Wanted to rush the field just to kick him in the shins...

Wait...was that story right or was is one of their cheerleaders that they brought that knocked one of our down...i forget.

anywho...USM SUCKS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  526

I agree with most people here that this game doesn't need to go on past this year.  Miami-FSU and UF-FSU are rivalries because they are on the same level and the outcome is almost never certain... not because of the their schools proximity.  I find it offensive that anyone would conisder USF-UCiF a rivalry.  They are not on our level... not even close, just look at our recruits vs theirs.  

As for this years game...expect more of the same.  They lost their top QB and RB so go figure.

• Content Count:  526

Part of the animosity towards them is that many outsiders feel that USM should've been invited to the BEAST instead of us.  Its definately a valid argument since they were the dominant team in C-DOA.  However, I know that USf was chosen because we held a lot of promise in attendance and recruiting. Its now become very clear that the right chioce was made.  But hey, I would love to play USM again so we could beat the snot outta them

Part of the animosity towards them is that many outsiders feel that USM should've been invited to the BEAST instead of us.  Its definately a valid argument since they were the dominant team in C-DOA.  However, I know that USf was chosen because we held a lot of promise in attendance and recruiting. Its now become very clear that the right chioce was made.  But hey, I would love to play USM again so we could beat the snot outta them

Even more of the animosity towards USM was from their former coach.  USF petitioned to join C-USA football in 2001 - we were already C-USA in other sports.  However, Jeff "The Great A*****E" Bower said: "We don't want quantity, we want quality." And almost single-handedly made USF wait until 2003 to join the football part of the conference.

That and their fans apparently think it's okay to hurl batteries at opposing teams.

• Content Count:  1,478

I agree with most people here that this game doesn't need to go on past this year.  Miami-FSU and UF-FSU are rivalries because they are on the same level and the outcome is almost never certain... not because of the their schools proximity.  I find it offensive that anyone would conisder USF-UCiF a rivalry.  They are not on our level... not even close, just look at our recruits vs theirs.

As for this years game...expect more of the same.  They lost their top QB and RB so go figure.

If you go by that, then we are not on the same level as Miami, Florida or Florida State.  :(

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I've been totally against this series from the beginning. I've been telling them they should go after FAU or FIU for a rivalry. Now I think they shouldn't touch FAU. FAU would properly would beat them like a drum.

• Content Count:  349

For there to be an actual rivalry, there has to be the mutual dislike, but there also has to be a certain level of mutual respect. That's why the rivalries between FSU, UF, and Miami keep going. They hate each other, but they also have mutual respect for each others' programs. Sure, they always think "we're better than them" but they have a certain level of respect where they want to prove it every year. USF doesn't want (or need) to prove every year that it's better than UCF, because USF has little or no respect for UCF as a team and as a program. Miami is starting to show us some respect by agreeing to extend the series and develop a possibly very good rivalry. In gaining more national respect, the Big 3 will gain more respect for USF, and will want to prove that they have the biggest balls and want to beat USF.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Miami-FSU and UF-FSU are rivalries because they are on the same level and the outcome is almost never certain... not because of the their schools proximity.  

It took FSU 9 games against Miami till the Noles won their first ever game against the Canes.

FSU only won 2 out of their first 19 games against UF...as the Noles didn't pick up their first win vs the Gators till their 7th game.

OSU couldn't beat Michigan in their first 15 straight games...as it took till the 16th game for the Buckeyes to finally beat Michigan.

FYI...Teams play 12 games a  year...not every game has to be considered a rivalry...as any or all of the 12 could just be considered "a game".

Archived