• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UCF Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It took FSU 9 games against Miami till the Noles won their first ever game against the Canes.

You're not a BCS team like FSU or Miami.

FSU only won 2 out of their first 19 games against UF...as the Noles didn't pick up their first win vs the Gators till their 7th game.

You're not a BCS team like FSU or UF.

OSU couldn't beat Michigan in their first 15 straight games...as it took till the 16th game for the Buckeyes to finally beat Michigan.

You're not a BCS team like OSU or Michigan.

FYI...Teams play 12 games a  year...not every game has to be considered a rivalry...as any or all of the 12 could just be considered "a game".

FSU gains something by beating UF, and vice versa.

FSU gains something by beating Miami, and vice versa.

OSU gains something by beating Michgan, and vice versa.

USF gains nothing by beating UCF.  UCF gains everything.

We already have a 1-AA team lined up each year.  Get BCS status and give our program a win worth crowing about, or quit begging at the big boys table.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I like playing UCF!

If they get to the point where they rule Conference USA we could be their annual reminder that they are still a nobody.

• Content Count:  808

Thanks to those of you who mentioned it for the background on USM. I've seen alot of hate thrown their way, but I never really understood the history till now.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

ok--- regardless of the outcome of the final game of the UCF series----

IF Woolard arranges for another series with UCF to fill out our schedule-- how will you feel about? Does it matter what the conditions of the deal are (2 for 1 only) or is the situation so repugnant that this will just make you upset?

personally-- I wouldn't mind a break from this--- maybe 5 years or so--- and get some other out of state BCS type home nad home or maybe something with Southern Miss or another CUSA team that raws well (if there is such an animal)

I wouldn't mind playing UCF IF it was a 3-2 series in our favor, with the first game in Tampa. I wouldn't schedule an EVEN series with them just on general principle. LOL

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I see no value in playing UCF each year.  Nothing to gain for us and everything to lose.

As for FSU/UF/Miami, I think two of those three we can hang with on a regular basis.  UF might be premature. 

I would like to see us get Alabama on teh schedule for a 2 - 2 home/away.  Sabin has disrespected us, and I hate alabama.  Plus they are an SEC team.  Lets play them and beat them for a few years and remind them why they cannot have Leavitt..  To me, that would be a fun game.

Would also like a shot at George (within driving distance) or Georga Tech.

Remember the Jim Leavitt scheduling formula for NON-CONFERENCE GAMES:

One FCS (formerly I-AA) home game every year -- as long as it counts towards bowl eligibility.

One BCS home game every year...

One BCS road game every year...

Two Mid-Major home or road games every year...

No BCS pay-day games...

Until the Big East expands or Jim Leavitt leaves - these will be how the five OOC games break down every year whenever possible.

[table]

[tr][td]Type[/td][td]2008[/td][td]2009[/td][td]2010[/td][td]2011[/td][td]2012[/td][td]2013[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]FCS Home[/td][td]Tenn-Martin[/td][td]Wofford[/td][td]Samford[/td][td]- -[/td][td]- -[/td][td]- -[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]BCS Home[/td][td]Kansas[/td][td]Miami[/td][td]@ Florida*[/td][td]Miami[/td][td]Mich St[/td][td]Miami[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]BCS Road[/td][td]@ NC St[/td][td]@ Indiana[/td][td]@ Miami[/td][td]@ Notre Dame[/td][td]@ Miami[/td][td]@ Mich St[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Mid Maj H/R[/td][td]@ FIU[/td][td]FIU[/td][td]FAU[/td][td]Ball St[/td][td]@ Ball St[/td][td]FAU[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Mid Maj H/R[/td][td]@ UCF[/td][td]- -[/td][td]- -[/td][td]- -[/td][td]- -[/td][td]- -[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Big East Games[/td][td]4 Home[br]3 Away[/td][td]3 Home[br]4 Away[/td][td]4 Home[br]3 Away[/td][td]3 Home[br]4 Away[/td][td]4 Home[br]3 Away[/td][td]3 Home[br]4 Away[/td][/tr]

[/table]

*  = @ Florida is a pay-day game.

- - = Games have not been schedule yet.

Other games not shown here: 2014 - NC State, 2015 - @ Florida, 2016 - Indiana

(Cool link if you need it: http://www.southfloridabulls.com/FutureSchedules.htm

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

No, we will not be playing UCF in a "rivalry" game after 08.  Especially seeing Miami is locked up for another 5 years, and given how CJL feels about this so called "rivalry".  USF needs UCF like I need a hole in the head. 

USF SHOULD  continue this game

an easy win and usf would maintain dominance in i4 corridor

not playing them is a sign of weakness

why wouldnt you want to play them? why play a 1aa game?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It took FSU 9 games against Miami till the Noles won their first ever game against the Canes.

You're not a BCS team like FSU or Miami.

FSU only won 2 out of their first 19 games against UF...as the Noles didn't pick up their first win vs the Gators till their 7th game.

You're not a BCS team like FSU or UF.

OSU couldn't beat Michigan in their first 15 straight games...as it took till the 16th game for the Buckeyes to finally beat Michigan.

You're not a BCS team like OSU or Michigan.

FYI...Teams play 12 games a  year...not every game has to be considered a rivalry...as any or all of the 12 could just be considered "a game".

FSU gains something by beating UF, and vice versa.

FSU gains something by beating Miami, and vice versa.

OSU gains something by beating Michgan, and vice versa.

USF gains nothing by beating UCF.  UCF gains everything.

We already have a 1-AA team lined up each year.  Get BCS status and give our program a win worth crowing about, or quit begging at the big boys table.

I THINK among high school kids this game has meaning

in 10 years it might not be a game usf wants to play but right now i think the game has local significance and if  usf doesnt play ftu/ou/oc it looks like usf is chicken

• Content Count:  526

The funny thing about UCiF is that they actually think they are on the big boys level.  They offered Ray Ray Armstrong(thats his real name) which is considered a top 10 LB.  The kid has offers from ND, LSU, UF, FSU, UM, UT, and then lowly UCF....LOL

I never said that we were on UM, UF or FSU level but we'll find out pretty soon. I was just saying that UCF isn't on our level.  

KL, you provided us with all of that wonderful data however its useless.  I was talking about UCF not being on USFs level nationally.  Back in those early days those teams were all considered pretty lousy nationally just like UCF is right now.  On the other hand, USF is considered a rising BCS program today. Thats the difference!

• Content Count:  849

Right now I think Rutgers is our biggest Rival.

They recruit in our back yard

Their coach is from Florida

They're in our conference

They knocked us down from our #2 ranking last year

The games have been close besides the whooping we put on them in 2005.

Our 2 losses to them have been by a total of 5 points.

Each game has been pretty exciting.

I don't know about anybody here but I hate their fans

Archived