• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UCF Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Will we hear Coach O'leary crying and begging for a game again this year?

Question to the Knight fans.  Why aren't you guys crying and begging FAU for a rivalry game.  They are on your level (non BCS), and it would probably be a good game.  They might have beaten you last year.  There you go, there's your rivalry game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took FSU 9 games against Miami till the Noles won their first ever game against the Canes.

You're not a BCS team like FSU or Miami.

FSU only won 2 out of their first 19 games against UF...as the Noles didn't pick up their first win vs the Gators till their 7th game.

You're not a BCS team like FSU or UF.

OSU couldn't beat Michigan in their first 15 straight games...as it took till the 16th game for the Buckeyes to finally beat Michigan.

You're not a BCS team like OSU or Michigan.

FYI...Teams play 12 games a  year...not every game has to be considered a rivalry...as any or all of the 12 could just be considered "a game".

FSU gains something by beating UF, and vice versa.

FSU gains something by beating Miami, and vice versa.

OSU gains something by beating Michgan, and vice versa.

USF gains nothing by beating UCF.  UCF gains everything.

We already have a 1-AA team lined up each year.  Get BCS status and give our program a win worth crowing about, or quit begging at the big boys table.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  If, A HUGE IF, UCF ever becomes a bcs program, then USF might think about it.  I said might, since we would still prefer an annual game with Miami, even if UCF were bcs.  I just don't see ucf ever becoming a bcs program so the point is moot.  USF will never vote to allow UCF in the big east and they aren't joining the ACC or SEC.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

FSU and Miami were not BCS teams when they started playing.

FSU and UF were not BCS teams when they started playing.

OSU and Michigan were not BCS teams when they started playing.

PS. Hope USF doesn't sellout their visiting allotment for their HUGE game coming up at Ball State in the near future. That would probably be a GREAT road trip to go to Muncie, Indiana!!

If you haven't done so...I would order your home and away tix for the upcoming USF/Ball St series...that will be one HOT tix!

PS. Hope USF doesn't sellout their visiting allotment for their HUGE game coming up at Ball State in the near future. That would probably be a GREAT road trip to go to Muncie, Indiana!!

If you haven't done so...I would order your home and away tix for the upcoming USF/Ball St series...that will be one HOT tix!

Pssst...we sold 67K for wvu and about almost 60K for UL and UC.  We don't need the attendance help from UCF, thank you.  If USF is in the BCS hunt, yes the Ball States of the world will sell very well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

You are right. Muncie won;t be one of those glamor away games but I guess we have UCF to thank for that scheduling. It would have been nice to be able to just go up I-4 to have a series with some competitive non-BCS competition but you just couldn't hold up your end of the bargain .... maybe Ball State will give us some good games.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

They are now, and you're not.  The financial realities of the BCS dictate that we have far more to lose by playing UCF until you can field a competitive team.

I'll be going.  That's all I care about.

• Content Count:  2,239

You are right. Muncie won;t be one of those glamor away games but I guess we have UCF to thank for that scheduling. It would have been nice to be able to just go up I-4 to have a series with some competitive non-BCS competition but you just couldn't hold up your end of the bargain .... maybe Ball State will give us some good games.

Please, Leavitt dodged playing this game until C-USA forced him to.  Regardless of the results, he wasn't going to continue it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Please, Leavitt dodged playing this game until C-USA forced him to.  Regardless of the results, he wasn't going to continue it.

And UCF dodged the game until they saw we were passing them by ..... What goes around, comes around.

• Content Count:  10,219

If we're going to beat the tar out of someone, I'd like to see us schedule USM.

Part of the animosity towards them is that many outsiders feel that USM should've been invited to the BEAST instead of us.  Its definately a valid argument since they were the dominant team in C-DOA.  However, I know that USf was chosen because we held a lot of promise in attendance and recruiting. Its now become very clear that the right chioce was made.  But hey, I would love to play USM again so we could beat the snot outta them

Even more of the animosity towards USM was from their former coach.  USF petitioned to join C-USA football in 2001 - we were already C-USA in other sports.  However, Jeff "The Great A*****E" Bower said: "We don't want quantity, we want quality." And almost single-handedly made USF wait until 2003 to join the football part of the conference.

That and their fans apparently think it's okay to hurl batteries at opposing teams.

f#% usm... and the horse they rode in on!

never should we schedule them...if we meet in a bowl game fine.

memphis, houston, some non FL sunbelt teams, mwc, wac  would all be great replacements to ucf

Archived