• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UCF Football

PS. Hope USF doesn't sellout their visiting allotment for their HUGE game coming up at Ball State in the near future. That would probably be a GREAT road trip to go to Muncie, Indiana!!

If you haven't done so...I would order your home and away tix for the upcoming USF/Ball St series...that will be one HOT tix!

You are right. Muncie won;t be one of those glamor away games but I guess we have UCF to thank for that scheduling. It would have been nice to be able to just go up I-4 to have a series with some competitive non-BCS competition but you just couldn't hold up your end of the bargain .... maybe Ball State will give us some good games.

Please, Leavitt dodged playing this game until C-USA forced him to.  Regardless of the results, he wasn't going to continue it.

C-USA did not "force" the game to be scheduled. The first two-game series was announced well before USF moved to the Big East and UCF moved to C-USA. 

The second two-game series was an option in the original contract -- USF asked C-USA if the two additional games would satisfy the exit requirement; the last two games would not have been played if C-USA made USF play another C-USA game last year and this year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

PS. Hope USF doesn't sellout their visiting allotment for their HUGE game coming up at Ball State in the near future. That would probably be a GREAT road trip to go to Muncie, Indiana!!

If you haven't done so...I would order your home and away tix for the upcoming USF/Ball St series...that will be one HOT tix!

You are right. Muncie won;t be one of those glamor away games but I guess we have UCF to thank for that scheduling. It would have been nice to be able to just go up I-4 to have a series with some competitive non-BCS competition but you just couldn't hold up your end of the bargain .... maybe Ball State will give us some good games.

Please, Leavitt dodged playing this game until C-USA forced him to.  Regardless of the results, he wasn't going to continue it.

C-USA did not "force" the game to be scheduled. The first two-game series was announced well before USF moved to the Big East and UCF moved to C-USA. 

The second two-game series was an option in the original contract -- USF asked C-USA if the two additional games would satisfy the exit requirement; the last two games would not have been played if C-USA made USF play another C-USA game last year and this year.

You're partially right..Lee Constantine was going to pull a UF/FSU and Genshaft told him to stop and they(USF) would agree to play.  To be honest, I don't think Constantine was going to get it written into law.  C-USA allowed all 4 games to count as part of the exit requirement.  In fact, C-USA dropped the 5th game they originally asked for.

Trip, I never saw evidence backing that claim.  We know UCF offered USF a game in 2003 and it was turned down.

• Content Count:  5,241

Does it really matter who ducked who now that we've already played a couple and won every game?

Seems irrelevant and childish

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Does it really matter who ducked who now that we've already played a couple and won every game?

Seems irrelevant and childish

But irrelevant and childish is the fuel that drives the message board engine! We can't just turn our

collective back on that!

Do you think there's really anyone in Ho'lando chompin' at the bits to play the final installment of

the Snore on I4? Is this going to be "The Year" for UCF? Hmmmmm....

As for the Ball State business...remember sportsfans...we had the big four game deal w/Bowling

Green and you see how far that went.

Bottom line: we're taking a proactive approach to leveraging OOC resources. The UCF position

has been given the package. In the event that our staffing needs change over time, we will

be certain to drop them a line.

• Content Count:  5,241

I guess along the way of rationale in the real world, I forgot my Message board etiquette.

To make up for it:

UCF sucks!

We will conquer the world!

• Content Count:  4,016

The funny thing about UCiF is that they actually think they are on the big boys level.  They offered Ray Ray Armstrong(thats his real name) which is considered a top 10 LB.  The kid has offers from ND, LSU, UF, FSU, UM, UT, and then lowly UCF....LOL

I never said that we were on UM, UF or FSU level but we'll find out pretty soon. I was just saying that UCF isn't on our level.  

KL, you provided us with all of that wonderful data however its useless.  I was talking about UCF not being on USFs level nationally.  Back in those early days those teams were all considered pretty lousy nationally just like UCF is right now.  On the other hand, USF is considered a rising BCS program today. Thats the difference!

You just introduced yourself to the reason for UCF's issues in FL.  Their ignorant thinking, coupled with a massive inferiority complex, has prevented UCF from properly mining the mid-level football talent in FL each year.  The results are they always end up offering the top tier guys, and don't have sufficient quality contacts in the FL HS ranks where they get the best mid-tier talent.  It started with Coach Kruz and extended into the first few years of O'Liar...albeit the past two they've worked hard to improve, but it's hurt them from maintaining consistency year to year.

• Content Count:  1,433

UCF scares me....they have an on campus stadium and new dorms.

• Content Count:  4,016

You're partially right..Lee Constantine was going to pull a UF/FSU and Genshaft told him to stop and they(USF) would agree to play.  To be honest, I don't think Constantine was going to get it written into law.  C-USA allowed all 4 games to count as part of the exit requirement.  In fact, C-USA dropped the 5th game they originally asked for.

Trip, I never saw evidence backing that claim.  We know UCF offered USF a game in 2003 and it was turned down.

Dawg, let's talk about timing, and pull this out of our collective butts.  Also, where each program was when you were calling us 'chickens'. We had just hopped up to 1-A, and were somewhat of a fledgling program still, but for your group  you couldn't stand the fact we wouldn't jump at a series.  Coach K wanted a series immediately because he was running into us to much in recruiting and knew in 01-03 he had teams that could compete and beat us (keep in mind that piece of Coach K's reasoning is perception and no one on our side knows reality).  Also remember, before USF started playing football around 1995-96, when Gene McDowell was your coach, USF approached UCF about scheduling a game or two, and we were very abruptly turned down.  Gene thought it was beneath a program preparing to jump to 1-A...USF athletic department officials are well aware of that situation, and mention it because that was thought to be a powerful program builder if UCF agreed...they did not and so it was never forgotten.

But of course years later, Coach Kruz and crew decide to try and cajole a game out of us when suddenly it was decided we were nearly on level and it wasn't 'beneath' you.  We agreed in 2003 when we were in C-DOA and you were in the MAC, and before the conference switch occurred -so the BE shift had nothing to do with it.  It wasn't until much later, after negotiating our exit from C-DOA, we extended the series and requested it be used as consideration of the mandatory games.

Oh and the year's we play Ball State we're also playing two FL schools already.  Our goal isn't to be the champs of the FAU, FIU, UM, UCF, and USF bowl.  

• Content Count:  1,985

No, we will not be playing UCF in a "rivalry" game after 08.  Especially seeing Miami is locked up for another 5 years, and given how CJL feels about this so called "rivalry".  USF needs UCF like I need a hole in the head. 

It's only a rivalry if both teams are competitive......

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

... USF approached UCF about scheduling a game or two, and we were very abruptly turned down. 

More lies.

If USF ever, EVER offered a contract/series with UCF...it would of made the St Pete Times or Tampa Tribune.

Go ahead...check...St Pete Times archive is FREE...only stories about possible USF/UCF games is that of USF "ducking" UCF.

Go ahead...dare ya...look...and you won't be able to find one article...not even a glimpse of ANY USF offer to play UCF in the past.

Sorry to exposre you SB...but you walked into this toooooooooooooo easily.

Archived