• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Other teams look at building Indoor Practice Facilities (removed from USF Board)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I can see a team not getting the practice in the elements if they have an indoor facility.  Once the team is used to going inside to practice when it's raining I think it would become a routine.  Teams need to practice in the rain/cold/heat so they're prepared when they have to play a game in those conditions.  Of course lightning is a different story...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Fishin most teams with indoor use it for lightning, etc. Coaches wouldn't cancel a practice with just rain...or move it indoors

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I can see a team not getting the practice in the elements if they have an indoor facility.  Once the team is used to going inside to practice when it's raining I think it would become a routine.  Teams need to practice in the rain/cold/heat so they're prepared when they have to play a game in those conditions.  Of course lightning is a different story...

That's the difference...especially during the SUMMER months of August/Sept...when Lightning is basically a daily occurance in FLA (i.e. especially the Lightning Capital of the USA...I-4 from Tampa to Orlando area).

Teams with indoor facilities do practice in the rain...but not obviously during lightning storms.

• Content Count:  3,574

Why is this thread three pages long?

Win a meaningful game and then get back to us.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

USF had multiple practices cancelled in the 2007 season, and UCF with their oh-so impressive Indoor Blimp Hangar didn't.

Tell me, how'd that USF/UCF game end up again?

You could own a gold plated University of Phoenix-caliber indoor facility complete with hot blonde fembots that massage your players feet after a tough day on the gridiron, and none of that would stop you from being anally violated by a superior USF team.

Facilities DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER equal wins.  Period.  End of story.

Guest pascobull

USF had multiple practices cancelled in the 2007 season, and UCF with their oh-so impressive Indoor Blimp Hangar didn't.

You could own a gold plated University of Phoenix-caliber indoor facility complete with hot blonde fembots that massage your players feet after a tough day on the gridiron, and none of that would stop you from being anally violated by a superior USF team.

That is the dumbest statement ever. If you thinking have poor facilities help prepare teams as well as great ones then you have no understanding of sports. Getting the best training you can helps you.

If one school doesn't have enough workout machines and another has plenty that school has an advantage and with equal talent will win 9 times out of 10. Plus incoming players want the best places to go. See Oregon, they invested heavily in facilities and wow has it paid off. Their football facility is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Wow just wow. I can't get over that statement. Unbelievable.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

That is the dumbest statement ever. If you thinking have poor facilities help prepare teams as well as great ones then you have no understanding of sports. Getting the best training you can helps you.

If one school doesn't have enough workout machines and another has plenty that school has an advantage and with equal talent will win 9 times out of 10. Plus incoming players want the best places to go. See Oregon, they invested heavily in facilities and wow has it paid off. Their football facility is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Talent wins games.  Facilities don't.  In 2005, UCF had no athletic village and no new stadium.  They only lost by 17 to USF.  In 2007, they had both and lost to USF by 52.

Sure it helps in recruiting... but good players want to go to good teams... see UMiami, who had (and still has) mediocre digs.

Guest pascobull

Talent wins games.  Facilities don't.  In 2005, UCF had no athletic village and no new stadium.  They only lost by 17 to USF.  In 2007, they had both and lost to USF by 52.

Sure it helps in recruiting... but good players want to go to good teams... see UMiami, who had (and still has) mediocre digs.

Nevermind. Its clear its not worth wasting any typing over.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

Nevermind. Its clear its not worth wasting any typing over.

All the statement that I assume you're calling "the dumbest statement ever" says is that just because you have supposedly superior facilities doesn't automatically mean you'll win..... if that is indeed the statement you're challenging then you are wise to bow out of this argument. You don't have a leg to stand on..

• Content Count:  2,239

Facilities can help bring in better talent and give more opportunity(such as practicing during lightning storms).  It does not guarantee anything though.

Archived