• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Other teams look at building Indoor Practice Facilities (removed from USF Board)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully they had some kind of inside session..

This is the one area where I am truly jealous of UCF football.  That indoor practice facility is amazing.

Said the wise man. :o

It's so wise to have one that The U, FSU, and UF  have had them to help with their preparation for all the titles they've won.  Oh Wait.........

Great, now he 's going to come back and enthrall us with the stories about how the Big 3 are looking at UCF's Smithbilt shed because they want to build one, too ...

Nah...because right now its mainly Bowden at FSU and Richt at Georgia that are "crying" about not having an indoor practice facility.

Coaches at least can move practice dates/times during the Spring...since obviously there are not weekly games scheduled...but come the regular season...when bad weather (especially lightning storms in FLA) hits during your designated practice time (FSU lost 4 practices in their final 8 days of prep for their Clemson opener last year due to lightning/thunder storms...and FSU fell behind 24-3 at halftime as almost everyone pinpointed all the loss of practice time leading up to the game), that's when the real value of an indoor practice facility pays off.   

FSU is so lost under their leadership (or lack of) from their President, TK...the President in trying to come up with an idea on where and what the indoor facility should look like thought of "Hey...lets just make Doak Campbell a DOME (for say $200 Million plus) to take care of Bobby's desire for an indoor practice facility".  ::)

Here's a recent column on FSU's dilemma:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/doak-campbell-dome-fsus-future-home

Here's what Coach Richt said recently during his "failed" attempts to get UGA to act on his request for an Indoor Practice Facility, which most other SEC Teams have at this time:

It's just a royal pain to have to deal with this kind of stuff. It would be nice to have a little indoor facility nearby where you wouldn't have to spend your whole life trying to figure out a new plan. It's very frustrating, it gets very old and I'm about tired of it.

Maybe one day we'll get that done.

-------------

In 2006, Urban Meyer and Jeremy Foley have had discussions about an indoor practice facility, or placing a bubble over a current field.

Meyer: “I think we’re going to get an indoor. We talked about it. A bubble or something.â€Â

----

Not sure what Meyer's or Foley's desires are today.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol, I didn't mean to start anything with my comment.

However, UCF is the only team in Florida to be able to practice during rain, lightning, etc.  No matter how crappy it is or isn't (and I don't know which since I have only seen pictures of it), it's still one up on us.

Now their stadium, on the other hand...  =p

FYI...even tiny JU up in Jax is now planning on building an indoor practice facility for their football program as well, plus their first ever small football stadium.

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/article/20071217/NEWS/150233463

Bell said he was perfectly fine coaching the Celtics  especially with his son going into ninth grade  and that he would've never taken the job at JU if he wasn't so encouraged by Verlander's aspirations for the Dolphins' future.

NOTE: A former UF QB Kerwin Bell is now the Head Coach at JU and will be entering his 2nd season at JU.

“(Verlander) called me and when we started talking, I could feel his enthusiasm for the program, and I got excited about his plans,†Bell said. “Had I seen in any way that this program wasn't dedicated to being where I wanted it to be, I wouldn't have done it.â€Â

One of the things Verlander sold him on was the facilities they were planning. Bell described the no-bleachers football field they now play on as “a picnic setting where a football game suddenly breaks out,†and Verlander calls the current facilities “a joke.†But on the slate is a 7,500-seat stadium next to the St. Johns River, as well as an indoor practice facility and new coaches' offices.

However, UCF is the only team in Florida to be able to practice during rain, lightning, etc.  No matter how crappy it is or isn't (and I don't know which since I have only seen pictures of it), it's still one up on us.

It's nice, nothing super fancy...just a safe place to go when a lightning storm hits...and/or when UCF has to travel on the road and play on FieldTurf.

FYI...NFL/Sponsors folk just shot a tv commercial in UCF's Indoor Facility this past week with Ocho Cinco, Romo, Hasselback, et al.

• Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

It's nice, nothing super fancy...just a safe place to go when a lightning storm hits...and/or when UCF has to travel on the road and play on FieldTurf.

FYI...NFL/Sponsors folk just shot a tv commercial in UCF's Indoor Facility this past week with Ocho Cinco, Romo, Hasselback, et al.

ftu/ou/oc has a indoor facililty but  a terrible team

makes sense

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,472
  • Days Won:  13

64-12. What would the score have been if they didnt have that indoor field?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Geez guys, let them be proud of something.

• Content Count:  2,239

64-12. What would the score have been if they didnt have that indoor field?

Because the game has anything to do with the field. ::)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

64-12.

Maybe you should do more practicing in your "practice facility" and less shooting of commercials with Ocho Cinco.

Just a suggestion.  ;-)

Archived