• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Other teams look at building Indoor Practice Facilities (removed from USF Board)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

Do we need indoor practice facilities, 20,000 square foot weight rooms, million dollar turf, or 90,000 seat stadiums?

No, you don't need much to play the game of football aside from the equipment and a decent field.

But you have to admit there's a bigger difference between Division 1-A and 1-AA than 20 scholarships.

Yes, we were able to get away with using the O'Dome when it was lightning, but eventually, recruits and players start asking why they have to do that when other schools have facilities tailored to their needs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

Facilities can help bring in better talent and give more opportunity(such as practicing during lightning storms).  It does not guarantee anything though.

And I believe that was all _EI was saying ...

• Content Count:  2,239

The way he worded it made it sound like it had no effect.  It sure does have an effect indirectly.

The way he worded it made it sound like it had no effect.  It sure does have an effect indirectly.

Help in recruiting would be an effect ...

Sure it helps in recruiting...

I'm on the mobile so I can't copy the quote, but he said it doesn't help win period.  I think bringing in better talent can help win games, but that's just me.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm on the mobile so I can't copy the quote, but he said it doesn't help win period.  I think bringing in better talent can help win games, but that's just me.

An indoor facility alone isn't helping to bring in talent.  I don't think I've ever read an article/interview where a kid credits an indoor practice facility as a reason why he chose a school or let alone facilities themselves being the deciding or major factor.  It's a much smaller piece of the puzzle than UCFers think it is.  You can have the greatest and newest facilities on the planet but if your program isn't consistently winning (unless its a traditional power who has national name recognition and a massive donor base) the talent wont come.    Winning cures all ills not big aluminum warehouses.   

Here's the quote and it's accurate ...

Facilities DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER equal wins.  Period.

In simple mathematical terms, only one thing EQUALS a win .... more points, goals, etc than your opponent

In simple mathematical terms, only one thing EQUALS a win .... more points, goals, etc than your opponent

Or a forfeited game. ;)

Or a forfeited game. ;)

Ok, two things ....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

USF had multiple practices cancelled in the 2007 season, and UCF with their oh-so impressive Indoor Blimp Hangar didn't.

Tell me, how'd that USF/UCF game end up again?

You could own a gold plated University of Phoenix-caliber indoor facility complete with hot blonde fembots that massage your players feet after a tough day on the gridiron, and none of that would stop you from being anally violated by a superior USF team.

Facilities DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER equal wins.  Period.  End of story.

That is the dumbest statement ever. If you thinking have poor facilities help prepare teams as well as great ones then you have no understanding of sports. Getting the best training you can helps you.

If one school doesn't have enough workout machines and another has plenty that school has an advantage and with equal talent will win 9 times out of 10. Plus incoming players want the best places to go. See Oregon, they invested heavily in facilities and wow has it paid off. Their football facility is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Wow just wow. I can't get over that statement. Unbelievable.

Pasco...common sense voice.

Enjoyed reading your comments.

Oh...for Eats It...here's USF AD speaking last month on the hope of building a new basketball PRACTICE facility at USF:

“Once completed, our coaches will present a state of the art facility to recruits that they will call home during their entire USF careers.  It is this type of facility, and this type of commitment that prospective student athletes look for when committing to their future. This changes the opportunities we have in competing in the Big East, one of the most prestigious basketball conferences in America.â€Â

Hurry...go tell 'em to save his money...its all a WASTE! :D

Archived