• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith pegged as a 4th round draft pick....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I second that emotion, move this to the State of Florida Board please.  Thanks Mods. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Steve Slaton did some serious slipping there to number 11!

I think he maybe better than some of the guys in the pros...maybe

• Content Count:  526

Steve Slaton did some serious slipping there to number 11!

I think he maybe better than some of the guys in the pros...maybe

Yes, I think he should be a little bit higher too and who knows maybe he does get drafted higher eventually.  I just think that teams are worried about him playing in a pro style offensive since no team runs a WVU offense.  In college he was assisted by the threat of Pat White running with the ball but he won't have that luxury in college.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yes.  Fool's Gold will be picked right where he belongs - middle to end of the pack.  This matches the level of competition that UCF played against all year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I have been saying all along that 9 or more backs would go ahead of him.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I agree that this should be moved, but does anyone really think that 5 of the top 20 RB's are coming from C-USA? Does that tell you something about the defense they play in that conference?

I think Smith is a good back, not great, but he may do well in the NFL. I do think that the combine is going to hurt him though. We already know that he doesn't have the size of a lot of those other guys, and I think his speed is going to hold him back a bit. I would venture to say that he is not the size they are reporting here, and 4.51 seems a bit on the quick side to me if Rice runs a 4.55.

Slaton's speed is going to impress in the combine.

Stewart looked like he should have been projected around negative 18 or so back on 12/31.

• Content Count:  98

I agree that this should be moved, but does anyone really think that 5 of the top 20 RB's are coming from C-USA? Does that tell you something about the defense they play in that conference?

I think Smith is a good back, not great, but he may do well in the NFL. I do think that the combine is going to hurt him though. We already know that he doesn't have the size of a lot of those other guys, and I think his speed is going to hold him back a bit. I would venture to say that he is not the size they are reporting here, and 4.51 seems a bit on the quick side to me if Rice runs a 4.55.

Stewart looked like he should have been projected around negative 18 or so back on 12/31.

How many yards did Oregon's RB rack up against USF's defense?

As I have said before, these pro scouts are so good, tell me again what round Tom Brady went in?  Tell me what pick Cadillac Williams was picked at?

Kevin Smith has the best vision I have seen from a running back in 10 years.  He will be a very good pro.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

As I have said before, these pro scouts are so good, tell me again what round Tom Brady went in?  Tell me what pick Cadillac Williams was picked at?

Kevin Smith has the best vision I have seen from a running back in 10 years.  He will be a very good pro.

Id be willing to bet he is never a starter in the NFL. Kevin Smith is the same type of back as Andre Hall.

• Content Count:  5,241

Denver will draft Kevin Smith, trade away whoever there 1000 yard rusher currently is, and plug in kevin smith and andre hall

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

GG,

He was paying Stewart a compliment.  -18 > 1 in draft talk.

Archived