• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith pegged as a 4th round draft pick....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

You're right, he was stuck.  In the end, he wants to help his family more than the personal accomplishments.  This is his best way to do it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

He made the right decision, there was very ittle upside to staying for a fourth season, and a whole lotta risk.  I see him as the number 10 back in the draft, which will likely put him in the fourth round.  The funny thing is that he isn't even CUSA's top back in the draft...

• Content Count:  677

I never.. and most UCF fans never thought he was a first rounder.. most felt somewhere between 2nd and 4th.  He has been hurt by the # of RBS who came out early this year... My guess has always been late 2nd to 3rd round.. and I still think he was smart to go.. Rb's have a limited shelf life.. take the $$$ and run.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I never.. and most UCF fans never thought he was a first rounder.. most felt somewhere between 2nd and 4th.

The same fans that consider him a "Heisman Candidate" simply because he got a few votes early on?  Please, you may have your head on straight, but the majority of your message board fanbase (the only fanbase that can be judged by their words) believe that he is the second coming of Barry Sanders.

He's a great back, and I still think he'll go in the second round.  Seriously.

• Content Count:  677

I never.. and most UCF fans never thought he was a first rounder.. most felt somewhere between 2nd and 4th.

The same fans that consider him a "Heisman Candidate" simply because he got a few votes early on?  Please, you may have your head on straight, but the majority of your message board fanbase (the only fanbase that can be judged by their words) believe that he is the second coming of Barry Sanders.

First off.. over 1/2 the fans on UCF board thought he was dumb to leave early.. figuring he wouldn't be a 1st rounder.  The percentage who thought he would or should win heisman was not that huge either.. most did think he deserved the invite to NY.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

First off.. over 1/2 the fans on UCF board thought he was dumb to leave early.. figuring he wouldn't be a 1st rounder.  The percentage who thought he would or should win heisman was not that huge either.. most did think he deserved the invite to NY.

So he is good enough to deserve an invite to NY, but is hurt because there is a large running back class. What am I missing? Maybe the nation knows that it isn't that hard to gain yards when you are givven the ball 300 times a game and he play against CUSA D's.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The combine will make or break this guy. He isn't the prototypical NFL RB, so I think he will need to impress at the combine. As for being a better pick than McFadden, you have to think of all things considered there. What the guy is saying is that with that same 2-3 pick in the draft, you could get 2 players, then Smith in the third round.

Running backs are hard to judge. You have guys like Ricky Williams (forget the pot for a minute), who folks trade their whole draft to get, and he was a dominant running back. Then, you have guys like Warrick Dunn, who has really had a great career even though he wasn't thought of as an elite RB. Maurice Jones Drew came out about the same time as Cadillac and Ronnie Brown right? His numbers have been better over the last 2 years I would think (partially because of injuries), but I don't even think he was drafted.

So, Smith may be a better pick. He isn't a better top-5 overall in the draft pick, but in the long run, if you pass on McFadden and take Smith 3rd or 4th round, you may end up ahead.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

another overated stiff from a bad conference

• Content Count:  2,239

Scout has him as #9 in the pre-combine ranking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

Scout has him as #9 in the pre-combine ranking.

close to where I had him and all your fans laughed at me. HAHA

Archived