• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

This is so awesome beyond words, not because UCF is now begging people to "please be fans of us too!" but because FAU used the "Your Hometown Team" slogan to market their football program 5 years ago.

Congratulations.  You're reusing slogans shelved by terrible Sun Belt teams 5 years ago to try and fill that tin can of yours.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The idea itself isn't horrible, as USF struggles with fans who have allegiances elsewhere as well, but may have attended/graduated USF.

The way O'Leary said it was horrible though.

If he had told fans to come and check out the product we're putting on the field, and enjoy an exciting offense with a dual threat QB, a powerful running game, and a stout defense, as well as a lively college atmosphere, it might have sounded better. But the way he puts it, is he is begging fans of other programs in the area to come see what they have to offer....if they're not busy. That sounds too desperate.

UCF struggles just like USF in that regard, but the problem for UCF is that they did nothing about it, and hadn't even become relevant in their own city until 4-5 years ago to be honest. Before that, athletics was an afterthought.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

GOL is a schmuck.  This makes UCF appear to be bush-league.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

if UCF hasn't gotten big by now, then they won't ever.  they missed the boat on getting fans behind them.  multiple decades of sucking does not make for a good team.

good job on re-branding, too.  derp.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The idea itself isn't horrible, as USF struggles with fans who have allegiances elsewhere as well, but may have attended/graduated USF.

While you are correct, I think comparing USF and UCF in this scenario like comparing apples to oranges.  With USF, we're in an AQ conference so there's no reason to cheer for another of the "Big 3."  I think this has a lot to do with why USF probably doesn't have this issue nearly as bad as UCF does. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

GOL is a schmuck.  This makes UCF appear to be bush-league.

Love this comment. UCF has missed the boat on being big time in Orlando. There is no other football team there

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

@mikemcp88.

I totally disagree. I use to live there. Orlando has a major college team it roots for. The gators. Ucif is as big time as Jones High, Apopka High,

and Doctor Phillips High. And this is all true.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I hate the arguement of "Well, even though I attend (or graduated from) __________, I grew up a _______ fan."  I grew up a Miami fan.  As I was gradutaing high school, someone asked about what I would do - since I was going to go to USF.  I told her that I would root for USF in all things except football, because USF did not have a football team.  And, I dropped the last remaining allegence when we finally fielded a football team.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I hate the arguement of "Well, even though I attend (or graduated from) __________, I grew up a _______ fan."  I grew up a Miami fan.  As I was gradutaing high school, someone asked about what I would do - since I was going to go to USF.  I told her that I would root for USF in all things except football, because USF did not have a football team.  And, I dropped the last remaining allegence when we finally fielded a football team.

I don't like that arguement either.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Need to build the loyalty to the Alma Mater.