• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Avoiding questions lends itself to more questions.  That is all I am saying.

When the commissioner of the league says there will be no further comment on the issue of expansion I guess he shouldn't be taken at his word.

Bianchi is a douchebag just trying to rile up UCF fans. Even he knows USF can do nothing more than cast a no vote IF, and that is a very big IF, UCF is even up for an invitation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Fluff piece?

"We're not waiting for Villanova," Marinatto said. "It's their institutional decision to make, and they have a process set up to make it. They've got to determine what's in their best interest, and we've got to determine what's in our best interest."

I know reading comprehension is tough for you bulls, but at least put some effort into it.

Yes, fluff piece. Obviously reading comprehension fails you UCF fans, but we expect no less from you.

If they weren't waiting for Villanova, then they would have made a decision 2 months ago to look for someone else. The fact that Villanova has already shown that they are leaning toward accepting at their meeting in April is only further showing that the league is in fact waiting on Villanova.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Bianchi is a douchebag just trying to rile up UCF fans.

And the UCF administration ..... You'd think they'd have enough professionalism to not even respond ... not unexpected, though.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, fluff piece. Obviously reading comprehension fails you UCF fans, but we expect no less from you.

If they weren't waiting for Villanova, then they would have made a decision 2 months ago to look for someone else. The fact that Villanova has already shown that they are leaning toward accepting at their meeting in April is only further showing that the league is in fact waiting on Villanova.

Agreed here.  I think what Marinatto was saying is that the Big East would act if something comes up to its advantage.  UCF and Houston can wait on Nova.  But if Kansas or to the extreme, Oklahoma or somebody came calling and wanted to join then the Big East would act.  I wouldn't be surprised if KU and Mizzou show interest.  Mizzou wanted an invite to the Big Ten, though if both of them join then we might as well go to 12 teams which would still leave us waiting for Nova.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Honestly we are waiting on Nova to make their decision before UCF will even be considered.  There is no blocking going on right now because UCF is not even an option unless Nova declines and then the BE will evaluate the C-USA programs and the debate will begin on who should be given that offer.  They are dead set on making us out to be the bad guy but WVU has a bone to pick with them too from them screwing them over by bailing on a game not that long ago as well.  Not to mention that Houston brings everything they do and a bigger TV market.  UCF is not a no brainer even among CUSA schools anyone that is trying to present that they are i just stirring the pot or a blind homer.  Some will use the "right institution" quote by the commish to insinuate that UCF is that school but if they were they would have already been extended that invitation as we know any of the C-USA schools would jump at the opportunity to become a BE member.  More than likely that comment is directed at the pipe dream that is Notre Dame or possibly some of the unhappy big 12 schools.  As much as some hate to hear it UCF is not an option at this moment and will not become one until Nova declines, which i don't see them doing based on their recent land acquisitions.... 

Actually, Marinatto confirmed yesterday that they weren't waiting on Nova's decision.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/38615/marinatto-were-not-waiting-for-villanova

Good fluff piece there. I'm not sure how believable that is since the league would have reacted 2 months ago when 'nova said they needed more time.

Fluff piece?

"We're not waiting for Villanova," Marinatto said. "It's their institutional decision to make, and they have a process set up to make it. They've got to determine what's in their best interest, and we've got to determine what's in our best interest."

I know reading comprehension is tough for you bulls, but at least put some effort into it.

Meaning in NDU decides I'm tired of this indepence stuff, we'll join a conference, Nova can kiss Big East football's ass  ::)

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Agreed here.  I think what Marinatto was saying is that the Big East would act if something comes up to its advantage.  UCF and Houston can wait on Nova.  But if Kansas or to the extreme, Oklahoma or somebody came calling and wanted to join then the Big East would act.  I wouldn't be surprised if KU and Mizzou show interest.  Mizzou wanted an invite to the Big Ten, though if both of them join then we might as well go to 12 teams which would still leave us waiting for Nova.

but those facts don't help their case, so they ignore them.  ;D

Also, if schiano (sp?) is blocking Savage from going to Miami, FSU, and UF because he thinks it will hurt recruiting, what would make them think RU wants another BCS team in the conference?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

That's it, sports fans! The fact that an offer HAS NOT OF THIS DAY been extended to UCF is not, by any stretch of the imagination, evidence of USF 'blocking' their entry to the BE. While 'not waiting for NOVA' may be a technically truthful statement, waiting for the best opportunity available for the conference is how this should be interpreted.  All this really does is make for good off-season keyboarding exercises. Next up: How USF Blocked the UCF BE Invite by Delaying the NOVA Decision....'cause you know how devious those ADs really are.  :-*

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

but those facts don't help their case, so they ignore them.  ;D

Also, if schiano (sp?) is blocking Savage from going to Miami, FSU, and UF because he thinks it will hurt recruiting, what would make them think RU wants another BCS team in the conference?

Exactly.  UCF has more enemies than just USF.  West Virginia, Louisville, and Rutgers all have an interest to vote against them.  They need six of the current eight to get in.  They might only have four.  

And if Tagliabue is doing a presentation then take a look at this number between CUSA teams:

Orlando Metro area = around 2.1 million

Houston Metro area = around 6 million

Houston brings a market three times the size and gives the Big East access to DFW and Houston.  Tampa Bay is 2.8 million and so close to the Orlando market that you can say USF already gives you access to UCF's area.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Some of the comments by the delusional UCiFers are pretty funny.  They take what Bianchi writes as the truth when there's not any fact in the entire article.

For years, the "ucif'ers" have made expressed how much Bianchi hates ucif and that nothing he writes should be taken seriously, suddenly he writes this and it's considered "gospel."

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I asked Marinatto if the Big East could decide to add another team before Villanova finalizes its plans in April.

"If the right situation developed in between, we would move on it," he said. "That's a very real possibility. We're not going to make a decision or not make a decision based on Villanova's study."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/38615/marinatto-were-not-waiting-for-villanova

So the BE is not waiting on Villanova, if the right situation developed.  Unless either Houston or UCF have something happening between now and April their situation is as developed as it is going to be.