• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i wonder what WR tommy streeter....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

His highlight video in this thread includes three (3) touchdaowns in MNW's nationally televised game with Southlake Carroll in Dallas.  This kid might be one of those special players that plays big in big games . . . . he played big that night.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've heard that he is committing to South Carolina after his visit this weekend. Still a s hot though

• Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

I was listening this morning to a college recruiting show on radio station WQAM. The show was hosted by Joe Rose (former Miami Dolphin). Recruiting expert Larry Blustein was being interviiewed. A caller asked "Where do you think Tommy Streeter wiill go to college?" Bluestein said it's between South Carolina and South Florida.

• Content Count:  2,523

If Steve Spurrier wasn't at USC, I wouldn't be so worried, but you know if you go in one of his offenses, you're going to get the ball and I don't know what their WR situation is, but I bet both schools are promising immediate playing time...

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

This is one BAD DUDE! But USF don't have the QB to get it down the field. They best WR (Taurus Johnson) does not get the ball enough. C. Mitchell is the fastest WR they have, but they can't get the ball to him. I would not like for Streeter to waste his NFL potential on a team that hasn't been consistent in the passing game since Blackwell.

• Content Count:  431

^^^^^

I hope Streeter doesn't see this stuff and think it's true. Although there were some short throws (this happens to NFL QBs when they are rushed), if anything the receivers and their routes are more responsible for our problem with consistency on the long ball. If he is as good as people say he could come right in and be the top target, even more so than at USC. In the SEC he would be one of many, but in the Big East he could be the star receiver of the conference and get the sort of attention Selvie got last year. Not to mention the likely hood of USF getting to a BCS bowl or even NC sooner than USC is very good. Think about it....

I seriously doubt Bulldozier is a USF fan if he is referring to the team as 'USF', 'they', and 'a team'. FYI - Blackwell did not throw the deep ball very often and was not known for it. Grothe is just as accurate as Blackwell was, but he takes more risks and is a better scrambler. He and the receivers had a bit of a slump this year but they connected on several deep TDs last year and most QBs pick back up their Junior year, that's why they call it a 'sophomore slump'.

• Content Count:  919

In Grothe USF has a very accurate QB who knows how to find the open receiver, and he has 2 more years here.  Streeter could come in right away and push for playing time.  The coaches have a track record of playing Freshmen receivers if they show they are the best players in practice.  Streeter is the real deal and not just a deep threat.  He catches the ball well in traffic too.  I love what I see of this kid on the field and believe he is a 4.0 student as well.  Imagine the headlines he and Grothe can make.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Grothe is better than whoever the South Carolina qb is.  Spurrier keeps changing them like he did at UF.

• Content Count:  4,016

I've heard that he is committing to South Carolina after his visit this weekend. Still a s hot though

I'll lay it down that he doesn't. 

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Bien,

Thanks for the good news.  Any guess on who will round out our class?  What is your opinion overall ?  Also what do you think of ND's class this year...i know you used to be a big domer.

Archived