• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i wonder what WR tommy streeter....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Streeter is supposed to take a visit to Oregon, but as jd77 pointed out, his top 2 choices are USF and USC.  I think it was Josh Newberg who described Streeter as the type of guy he could envision going to school across country, so I believe with the visit scheduled, Oregon is a real threat.

Hopefully, Streeter will see what y'all have pointed out - he should come to USF where he can work into the rotation quickly, and become the man!  This kid is the real deal and USF needs him badly!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  403

USF always spreads the ball to a lot of different receivers... (even TV announcers brag about how we do)

Do you think this helps us in recruiting WRs or hurts us in the fact that we usually don't have 1 or 2 standout receivers getting all of the attention??

• Content Count:  2,523

USF always spreads the ball to a lot of different receivers... (even TV announcers brag about how we do)

Do you think this helps us in recruiting WRs or hurts us in the fact that we usually don't have 1 or 2 standout receivers getting all of the attention??

We've got to get the run game going.  If you can run the ball, you can hit big plays in the passing game.  All those years in the 90s when FSU and Miami were rolling, notice what all those QBs had when they were throwing for 3500 yards and 30 TDs?  At FSU you had Warrick Dunn, William Floyd, Sammie Smith, Greg Jones, Edgar Bennett, Amp Lee and others.  I'm not a Miami fan so I can't remember many off the top of my head but at the least I remember guys like Frank Gore, Edgerrin James, etc.  During UF's big runs with big QBs you had Emmitt Smith, Earnest Graham and others.  All had RBs who went to the NFL bc they could run for 100 yards a game plus had a line who could get other guys 20-30 yards in relief.  Those teams were putting up 500+ yards of offense almost every week.  Shoot, you'd figure if you were the 3rd wide out you'd still get as many passes as you would at most other average colleges.  That's the secret.

If we can get our OL and run game cranking, you'd be surprised how good everyone else will look from the trickle down effect.  The good news for a guy like Streeter, is he'll get on a team who will be vying for a big time bowl game due to a team with a real shot at winning the conference the next two years and he can be on the field during it all while also playing in the backyard of an NFL team who can easily see you play live if they find you at all a potential talent. 

• Content Count:  879

And one more thing....he'd be able to play against his MNW teammates at the U which he might enjoy.

• Content Count:  919

I called Mike Farrell on Rivals Radio this morning and asked about Streeter.  He confirmed USF and USC are his top 2, but called USC the team to beat. 

I also asked him if there were any other big names that USF might get and he talked about how USF is known for bringing in lesser talent and developing the kids.  Kind of a kudos to Leavitt.  The only names he mentioned other than Streeter was that he liked QB Sancho McDonald and DT Allen.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Neither McDonald or Allen are really on the board.  We are after several DTs ahead of Allen, particularly Kyrhi Thornton.

• Content Count:  18

It would rock if he commits!  This guy is Bad!  It would be awesome to land two dudes from MNW! (Taylor and Streeter)  paz

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just imagine this guy running lose in opposing teams secondary! 

• Content Count:  5,241

I want this guy to be in a bulls uniform...

BAD

• Content Count:  2,523

Yeah, that kid is a stud.  The best part is he catches everything and has talent.  Especially like that he already is good at running the jump ball route in the redzone.  That's a play we've got to get down if we're going to go to the next level.

Archived