• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i wonder what WR tommy streeter....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

....thought after the sunbowl, considering his top 2 choices at this point are oregon and usf.  i cant imagine that performance helped swayed him our way much.  what do u guys think?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

I'm thinking he's probably going to Oregon.

• Content Count:  2,523

....thought after the sunbowl, considering his top 2 choices at this point are oregon and usf.  i cant imagine that performance helped swayed him our way much.  what do u guys think?

I think he saw he could come in right away and have a chance to start.  We have a bunch of "good" WRs, but we don't have anyone who is a Super Star that will monopolize passes on this team and that's what every stud WR wants.  A chance where he can be that 8-10 catch guy.  We'd be deadly if we had a guy who was dominant to the point where MG could throw in his area regardless if he is covered on long 3rd downs where a guy was so much superior to his DB that even when he doesn't catch it, he draws the penalty which works just as well.  Our WRs are fast, but they aren't physical so they don't draw those penalties as much as you need to sustain drives when your QB is not having his best day.  

If he's as good as some think, his ego will believe he can come in and be that guy regardless of who is already on this team bc he didn't see anyone light it up against Oregon, that's for sure.

Then again, as my dad said watching the game and I agree, alot of our problem is our routes don't do us any favors in helping to draw penalties when you are throwing button hooks, quick outs and WR screens or 3 yard slants.  We don't throw deep enough routes when we get one on one coverage and when we go deep, it's always a straight bomb route where the pass has got to be on the money or even our guy can't make a play on it regardless if he was all alone or not vs. more jump balls.  

At many times this year, we couldn't believe how misused Amarri Jackson was with his size.  We should've been throwing him a jump ball at least once a series with the size advantage he had on most DBs.  Instead, he was lucky to see 2 a game.  If you want to know what I mean, just watch Tom Brady and Randy Moss work.  He's not open at least 50% of the time when Brady throws his way, but his height over the DB will often draw the flag if he doesn't make the catch for the sheer physics that a DB with a foot less "span" can't get to the same spot on a decently thrown ball and panics.

• Content Count:  574

His top 2 choices are actually South Carolina and USF.  Oregon is being considered but they are way down the list compared to USF and the other USC.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

If he was like me, he thought the entire team was up late the night before in Juarez drinking tequila.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

His top 2 choices are actually South Carolina and USF.  Oregon is being considered but they are way down the list compared to USF and the other USC.

exactly

• Content Count:  879

exactly

This is true.  And I would think he saw how badly we need him and how he could be THE man here at USF.  I hope that is how he saw it because that is how I see it.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

exactly

This is true.  And I would think he saw how badly we need him and how he could be THE man here at USF.  I hope that is how he saw it because that is how I see it.

exactly

• Content Count:  624

And South Carolina did not go to a bowl game this year, right?

I think he would go to Oregon if it was closer to home, his family is an important part of his life, which is respectable.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

With Rich Rod out at WVU, I think Streeter sees USF as an opportunity to make some serious noise in the Big East. As such, it'll probably give him the a ton of media attention and help his draft stock when the time comes. I don't see South Carolina making any serious noise in the SEC soon, and with Oregon being on the West Coast, I don't think he'll get as much media attention out there. He can be THE MAN at USF.

Archived