• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF interested in scheduling FIU & FAU for football series.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The only area where USF would hurt if they lost is pride.  You are still going to recruit fine and your season performance does that hinder on one game.

No one has anything to lose.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

How about you beat a Top 25 team sometime in your history and then we could revisit this.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am pretty sure the offer of continuing the series is out there for both sides.  UCF at 1-1, and USF at 2-1.  At the current time no one wants to budge on that as both sides feel confident that their schedules will work without the other.

USF has offered the same thing to UCF that they have for FIU and FAU, and UCF does not want it, fair enough.

Sanjay, the sad part is the only ones who lose out are the fans...an easy to go to away game/home game depending on the year.  It's good for the poor college student.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Sanjay, the sad part is the only ones who lose out are the fans...an easy to go to away game/home game depending on the year.  It's good for the poor college student.

You mean the ones to lose out are the UCF fans. With the limited availability at BHNS there wasn't going to be a lot of USF fans going over to begin with. Basically, with the stubborness to not take a 2-1 from USF, the UCF admin is saying screw you to their fanbase ... 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It is an easy roadtrip, but so are FAU and FIU.  I expect one or the other on the schedule for the next 5 years, and we get 2 home games for each road one with them which helps in giving us at least 6 home games a year.  The 6 a year at home can be a problem, especially the years we have 3 conference home games.  The AD has determined that they will go straight up with BCS schools and 2-1 with non-BCS.  Will that work, only time will tell.  If we have trouble filling out our 5 OOC games a year then I am sure the policy will change. 

The flip-side is that very few, if any, CUSA teams are going to bring fans or create excitement at BHNS, so your buzz will have to come from OOC.  Like I said in another thread, if you guys are only going 1-1 with BCS schools then I think at some point you will have problems getting quality opponents at home.

Our desire for 1-1s is both financial and competitive.  We make more money at home than away.  Also, having a game at each place levels the homefield advantage.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I expect it to play out like this from USF's perspective.  A main rivalry game with Miami every year starting in 09. (the 6 game series will be extended at some point down the line).  Then, occasionally and alternately play FAU, FIU and UCF.  Works fine from the USF perspective.  If UCF doesn't accept a 2-1 though, we may just stick to FAU/FIU, they take 2-1s, and UCF series ends.  USF has already said current series with UCF will end after 08.

• Content Count:  677

You mean the ones to lose out are the UCF fans. With the limited availability at BHNS there wasn't going to be a lot of USF fans going over to begin with. Basically, with the stubborness to not take a 2-1 from USF, the UCF admin is saying screw you to their fanbase ... 

As part of the UCF fan base I don't and I think few other fans want a 2 for 1 ... so no They are not screwing the fan base.. would I like to see the series continue ... sure... but not with 2 for 1s..

• Content Count:  677

I expect it to play out like this from USF's perspective.  A main rivalry game with Miami every year starting in 09. (the 6 game series will be extended at some point down the line).  Then, occasionally and alternately play FAU, FIU and UCF.  Works fine from the USF perspective.  If UCF doesn't accept a 2-1 though, we may just stick to FAU/FIU, they take 2-1s, and UCF series ends.  USF has already said current series with UCF will end after 08.

thats not a rival game... UM fans were Irate over UM scheduling that series... to them USF is no diff than Nichols state.. or famu..

Archived