• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF interested in scheduling FIU & FAU for football series.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The more I have thought about it (UCF/USF) playing or not playing again, it really doesn't bother me to have it end.  Neither school needs each other.  You have your BE to worry about and as long as we are in CUSA, then that is our priority.  We will gain more national attention by winning the conference championship.  Personally, I would rather schedule teams similar to what Boise and Hawaii have done to improve their national rankings.  USF can finish 3rd, 4th or 5th every year in the BE and be content

Some of you are correct with not wanting to come play us at BHNS.  We would never give you more than 2500 tickets.  That is one of the advantages of having an OCS.  How many tickets does Louisville or Rutgers give opposing teams?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/confstandings?confID=10&confId=0&confAbbrev=null&year=2007

FLBeach, go back and check the standings.  USF has never finished 5th in the BE.  2005: Tied for 3rd.  2006: 4th or 3rd depending how you look at it (there were 2 teams tied for 2nd and USF finished right after that).  2007: Again tied for 3rd.  USF would not be happy finishing 5th.  I bet most pundits will put us as one of the preseason favorites in 08, expected to finish anywhere from 1-3 along with WVU and Cincy.  If we win sun bowl, we'll be preseason ranked around 15th or so.

I was speaking in future tense.  I honestly have no clue what place you have finished in the past.  So, what does preseason ranked 15th get you?  Trophy?  More BCS money? 

In position to contend for a National Championship, if we run table or even have only 1 loss.  Something a team from a non bcs league can not do.  A one loss non bcs team has no shot, and an undefeated one at best can hope for an at large bcs bid.  Did I say USF would win a NC, no, I said it would put them in position to contend, which I fully expect us to do next year. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

As for Del's question, UCF never tried to avoid a game with USF.  We asked since day 1 and Leavitt avoided it like the plague.

Not the way I heard it ..... you know it's coming ....... Link?

I still think he's sore from when he was told he wasn't the right fit for an assistant job at UCF.(he was considered before USF came around)

He wasn't the right fit ..... and he should be ecstatic, not sore, he didn't get the job ....... IF that even happened.

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Trip, you guys were dodging so badly, it took almost being legally obligated to play to get your brass off its high horse.  While the series might be over at this point, it will not surprise me if that comes up again.

Trip, you guys were dodging so badly, it took almost being legally obligated to play to get your brass off its high horse.

Since Day One?? I don't think so. I seem to remember hearing that USF tried to play UCF in the beginning and were turned away. UCF only became interested when they saw how fast the USF program was developing.

Trip, you guys were dodging so badly, it took almost being legally obligated to play to get your brass off its high horse.

Since Day One?? I don't think so. I seem to remember hearing that USF tried to play UCF in the beginning and were turned away. UCF only became interested when they saw how fast the USF program was developing.

Can you back that claim?

So what you're saying is that while you were I-AA, you wanted to play us and when you went I-A, you avoided us and we were asking about playing.

Can you back that claim?

Nope.

So what you're saying is that while you were I-AA, you wanted to play us and when you went I-A, you avoided us and we were asking about playing.

Yep.

Can you back that claim?

Nope.

Yep.

Soooo...play when you can discredit the opponent(I-A vs I-AA) and avoid when it's just another game.  Gotcha.

Can you back that claim?

Nope.

Yep.

Soooo...play when you can discredit the opponent(I-A vs I-AA) and avoid when it's just another game.  Gotcha.

Play when it's a win/win situation. Avoid when it's a no win situation .....

Can you back that claim?

Nope.

Yep.

Play when it's a win/win situation. Avoid when it's a no win situation .....

It was a no-win when you were a I-A indy or in CUSA?  If it was up to USF, the series would have never happened.  In your eyes, the only time it was a win-win was when you were I-AA.  UCF had nothing to gain at that point.  A I-AA game only counted as a bowl eligible game once every 4 years back then.

• Content Count:  3,574

In your eyes, the only time it was a win-win was when you were I-AA.  UCF had nothing to gain at that point.  A I-AA game only counted as a bowl eligible game once every 4 years back then.

Just like how USF has nothing to gain now...  If we win, then we were supposed to.  If we lose, then we lost to a non-bcs school.

I don’t mind playing UCF… just not every year.

USF should schedule UCF like they do with FIU and FAU (sparingly, 1 for 1, 2 for 1… whatever).

This isn’t a Colorado/Colorado State type game.

Archived