• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCiF interested in scheduling FIU & FAU for football series.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

We're not dodging anyone. 

+cough+ Pitt & WVU +cough+

Florida

Tennessee

Penn State

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Dawg, I read on your board that a lot of your fans don't want to start a rivalry with FAU because you would have nothing to gain and they are beneath you.  Well, that is the same logic many USF fans use for not wanting to play UCF, yet your fans berate us for USF using those same reasons to not play UCF, even though legit, imo.  Yet that is the same reason many UCF fans are giving for not wanting to play FAU.  Which is is, you can't have it both ways.  If you expect USF to play you, then your fans should be willing to start a rivalry with FAU.  If not, then that's hypocritical and you can't expect USF to play UCF, if you aren't willing to play FAU.  Sounds like your fans are trying to have it both ways.  Not to mention, both FAU and UCF are non bcs unlike USF, so there is really no reason for you guys to start a rivalry game.

Maybe we were looking at different threads.  The notion I was getting that playing FAU would be better than FIU.

UCF brass has expressed interest in playing 2 in-state opponents a year(in non-payday type contracts ala UF).  I expect us to schedule USF, FAU FIU, and Miami over the next number of years.  I don't see Florida or Florida State(at least until Bowden is gone) giving us a fair enough deal to make us want to play them.  I'd want them to honor us with a home game.

This is the thread I was looking at.  Some of your fans are saying they should only sched 2-1's with FAU or not play them.  Yet, you guys expect 1-1's with USF.  If USF offered a 2-1 with UCF, would UCF take it?

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=108854411&mid=108854411&sid=908&style=2

No.  I'd consider a school with the stature of a Texas or Ohio State for a 2-1, but USF is nowhere near that level.  I'd only take a 1-1.

We're not dodging anyone.

+cough+ Pitt & WVU +cough+

Florida

Tennessee

Penn State

Ironically, all payday games with no return games, which UCF does not want to do anymore.  ESPN bought out the Tennessee game to replace it with Texas.

Notice how those schools said nothing negative about the games being bought out.  Also, UCF assisted in rescheduling that slot with Florida and Pitt(we found a replacement and later rescheduled).  Clemson, another payday game, bought out our game.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Dawg, I read on your board that a lot of your fans don't want to start a rivalry with FAU because you would have nothing to gain and they are beneath you.  Well, that is the same logic many USF fans use for not wanting to play UCF, yet your fans berate us for USF using those same reasons to not play UCF, even though legit, imo.  Yet that is the same reason many UCF fans are giving for not wanting to play FAU.  Which is is, you can't have it both ways.  If you expect USF to play you, then your fans should be willing to start a rivalry with FAU.  If not, then that's hypocritical and you can't expect USF to play UCF, if you aren't willing to play FAU.  Sounds like your fans are trying to have it both ways.  Not to mention, both FAU and UCF are non bcs unlike USF, so there is really no reason for you guys to start a rivalry game.

Maybe we were looking at different threads.  The notion I was getting that playing FAU would be better than FIU.

UCF brass has expressed interest in playing 2 in-state opponents a year(in non-payday type contracts ala UF).  I expect us to schedule USF, FAU FIU, and Miami over the next number of years.  I don't see Florida or Florida State(at least until Bowden is gone) giving us a fair enough deal to make us want to play them.  I'd want them to honor us with a home game.

This is the thread I was looking at.  Some of your fans are saying they should only sched 2-1's with FAU or not play them.  Yet, you guys expect 1-1's with USF.  If USF offered a 2-1 with UCF, would UCF take it?

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=108854411&mid=108854411&sid=908&style=2

No.  I'd consider a school with the stature of a Texas or Ohio State for a 2-1, but USF is nowhere near that level.  I'd only take a 1-1.

I realize UCF fans feel that way and understand all that, but you do realize that USF "probably" won't do 1-1s with UCF in the future.  They may say 2-1, take it or leave it, or like the WVU Marshall deal.  That is if they even try to schedule UCF after 4 game series ends.  Just saying how Woolard and leavitt will probably go.  Leavitt has final say on the schedule, imo, and he doesn't want to play UCF after 08.  I won't get into all the reasons, that is another long thread, and I don't feel like getting into that now, but I happen to agree with him.

I realize UCF fans feel that way and understand all that, but you do realize that USF "probably" won't do 1-1s with UCF in the future.  They may say 2-1, take it or leave it, or like the WVU Marshall deal.  That is if they even try to schedule UCF after 4 game series ends.  Just saying how Woolard and leavitt will probably go.  Leavitt has final say on the schedule, imo, and he doesn't want to play UCF after 08.  I won't get into all the reasons, that is another long thread, and I don't feel like getting into that now, but I happen to agree with him.

I've heard his reasons and I find them cowardly.  If he has nothing to fear, he wouldn't dodge the game(and dodge he has as it took C-USA and almost state intervention to get him and that snake Genshaft to change their tune).  I don't see UCF ever taking a 2-1 with South Florida.  If NC State and Purdue(from the 90s) can do 1-1s, so can USF.

• Content Count:  500

Dp why would we take an even deal with a inferrior team that cant keep it close at half? Not to mention your h/s stadium couldnt accomadate us when we traveled. Maybe you guys could move to the citrus bowl for us?

Dp why would we take an even deal with a inferrior team that cant keep it close at half? Not to mention your h/s stadium couldnt accomadate us when we traveled. Maybe you guys could move to the citrus bowl for us?

Yeah right.  Why we do you that kind of favor?  If you can't play us in our house, we will find another school with the guts to do so.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah right.  Why we do you that kind of favor?  If you can't play us in our house, we will find another school with the guts to do so.

I think USF playing UCF ANYWHERE is doing UCF the huge favor .... No skin off our noses if games don't continue.

I think USF playing UCF ANYWHERE is doing UCF the huge favor .... No skin off our noses if games don't continue.

Same here.  We don't need to play USF to survive.  During the Southern Miss/UCF game, the announcers were cracking on USF's desire to not play us after 2008.  I just think it's funny you guys try to avoid playing so much.  You claim you have nothing to lose yet try so hard to avoid having to back the talk.  I'm not talking about the games we already played(for you slow minded people), but referring to the future.

You dodged us in basketball for years while your program was in the dumps and once you dumped your coach and got some better talent, you agreed to play.  You also dodged us in football until you joined the Big East.  We offered you a game in 2004 with Syracuse and us to help fill a slot that was opened by the two I-A schools that dumped you and you guys instead played garbage schools.  What's the excuse for that one?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

And the reason you dodged our football team the 6 years before that was?

Archived