• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Rutgers illegal forwad pass

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

I've posted before that that call ruined our year. 

that game and some of the calls in it make me as sick as anyone but you can't blame that whole game or the entire season on one call. Good teams overcome the bad calls; just like good teams overcome injuries to key players. That's just the way it is.

Here is the problem with the play. You can't review a play to decide if you want to call a penalty.

Exactly my issue! The call on the play was debatable but the fact that you CAN NOT call a penalty based on a replay is not. Replays exist so you can overturn incorrect calls on the field, not to catch penalties (otherwise we'd be reviewing every play and every game would be longer than cincy).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  277

I think we can all agree that the call sucked.

A true championship football team overcomes those bad calls.  We cannot attribute three losses to one bad call.  One game, maybe.  If Coach Jim Leavitt can't get his players up against UConn and Cincy just because they're all stewing about that bad call, the team has serious problems and didn't deserve to win those games anyway.

The refs made a horrible call, let's enjoy the 9-3 season and the Sun Bowl.

• Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

The refs have been in Rutgers pocket all year at home games.  The call they got against Pitt, pass interference in the end zone, was disgusting.  Rutgers alumns I speak to are speechless when you bring up homer officals.  The powers that be in the conference truly believe it is in the best interest of the Big East if Rutgers is doing well in football.  From some calls this season in close games it looks like the officials knew that also.

• Content Count:  1,290

Here I found the video clip that has the play which is similiar to USF/Rutgers game.  The play begins at 35 seconds of clip.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28847&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&week=POST18

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

I think we can all agree that the call sucked.

A true championship football team overcomes those bad calls.  We cannot attribute three losses to one bad call.  One game, maybe.  If Coach Jim Leavitt can't get his players up against UConn and Cincy just because they're all stewing about that bad call, the team has serious problems and didn't deserve to win those games anyway.

The refs made a horrible call, let's enjoy the 9-3 season and the Sun Bowl.

Not saying they were stewing over the call, but there was a change of emotion, a let down if you will.  If that play stands we win that game and I would the bet the confidence carries over to the UConn game.  Cinci was a whole different story.  You have to admit that there was a drastic change from the 2nd half of Rutgers through the UConn game.  Not sure what else to attribute it to. 

And you are right, a championship team would have gotten through that stretch.

Not a huge deal, just my opinion.

• Content Count:  145

You guys have ruined perfectly good therapy...Thanks!  I've got chunks on the floor and I'm reaching for the alcohol again...****. >:(

la la la la...I'm not listening...that play never happened...

**** that game still irks the heck out of me!  And I still think there was no offensive interference at the end either...

Ugh!

• Content Count:  106

Man that makes me sick every time I watch it.

Me too and the audio just makes it worse.

• Content Count:  1,457

that crap with the BE officials calling that touchdown back this year was CRAP.  We must move on but remember, the officials hate the Bulls b/c we are so good in our 11th year!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

Man, that pisses me off everytime I see it!  &)*)^%&

OBVIOUSLY BEEN COACHED???!!!!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

You guys have ruined perfectly good therapy...Thanks!  I've got chunks on the floor and I'm reaching for the alcohol again...****. >:(

la la la la...I'm not listening...that play never happened...

At least SOMEONE on this board knows how to handle losing games...

Archived