• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Rutgers illegal forwad pass

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

Did you see a video of Bucs/Redskin from last year (maybe preseson) where Sean Taylor ran for a TD after Redskin LB scooped and fumbled the ball forward as he was tackled?

If you know anyone has that video, please let us know.

Thanks,

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh.. it has to be playoff game!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

It looks like this?

Zaniness misinterpreted.

• Content Count:  1,777

Everytime I watch that video I get mixed emotions.  Until this day I do not believe it was illegally propelling the ball forward.  Its all about the defense getting down the field. I also believe the refs were anti-USF and were paid by the NJ mob. :)

Couple of questions:

Did Mike J push the ball foward? Yes

Did he do it on purpose? Nope

Did Mike Mc knock the ball forward? Yes

Did Mike Mc have possesion of the ball? Nope

Did this play affect USF's season? Hell Yeah.  USF beats Rutgers I believe they go undefeated or compete for the BE championship. They were never the same team until they beat Syracuse.

NOTE: Remember a few years ago ESPN had a court show where people debated various on the field calls. I would love to see this call debated. Just to see what people will say.

• Content Count:  2,277

Man that makes me sick every time I watch it.

It almost look like this..  Actually I think It was Bucs' RB Pittman's fumble at about midfield..

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't like seeing that again.

Honestly, I don't mind the call, I think that Jenks may have pushed it forward on purpose, but since he never had posession, I dont think that can be called. TMac's was accedental, ball was coming out, he went to secure with the other hand, and it got knocked away.

Here is the problem with the play. You can't review a play to decide if you want to call a penalty. I can see it maybe on an illegal forward pass when the QB crosses the line, but not for something like this. If it was called on the field, I would have no problems with it. The fact that someone not on the field made the call is the issue.

The other question I had at the time, and still have is why Schiano wasn't penalized for running on to the field during the play? We should have had a lineman over there to take him out before he got to the ref.

• Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

I have to go yak now.  Next year we need a sell out at Ray Jay when they come to do and just scream our heads off.  Plus, we need to pay off the officials like they did.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=260107027

1st and 10 at WAS 34 (4:33) C.Williams up the middle to WAS 33 for 1 yard (M.Washington). FUMBLES (M.Washington), touched at WAS 33, RECOVERED by WAS-M.Washington at WAS 34. M.Washington to WAS 41 for 7 yards (D.Buenning). FUMBLES (D.Buenning), recovered by   

WAS-S.Taylor at WAS 49. S.Taylor for 51 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Play Challenged by TB and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by TB at 04:15.)

there's video on washingtonredskins.com but it only showed Taylor recovered and returned td  not whole play.. **** it..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Man that makes me sick every time I watch it.

Ditto

I've posted before that that call ruined our year.  You could just feel the change of emotion in the stands when those 6 points came off the board.  The players had to be affected by it.  And wasn't that the game someone got a personal foul for shushing the crowd?  And Schiano pulls a Leavitt racing down the sidelines but no call.  God I hate the memories of that game.

On to El Paso

Archived