• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad News Fellas: Texas Tech to the Gator Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

What are the  chances they won't be available when the gator bowl picks?

What are the chances that they don't get two BCS games?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What are the  chances they won't be available when the gator bowl picks?

What are the chances that they don't get two BCS games?

If Texas Tech isn't available, they will pick another B12 team.

If the B12 only gets one BCS team, the Gator actually gets a better B12 team than TT.

Forget about Gator.  It aint happening.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Who would have though a month ago that we'd be wishing to be in the Car Care Bowl.  Man, sometimes I think back to the impact we could have made on the College Football Community and the Nation and I almost want to Cry.

Hopefully, our day will come soon.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,985

This goes back to my original posts on the Gator Bowl, and any bowl for that matter, the cities want out of town teams to be selected.  If TT is selected the fans have to stay in town, $$$$ spent.  We on the other hand can drive in that morning with a trunk full of food, buy a t-shirt, and head home that night.

If you are a selection committee made up of business owners what would you do?

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Pizza Bowl here we come, The Car Care wants Rutgers and the 10k they will bring, we had a weak showing when we went 2 years ago. The Big East really needs better bowl games. Atleast B-Ham has improved their bowl slightly. They do have a pep Rally the day before the game.

I hope we can get Southern Miss if we have to go, nothing would be better than killinf the Eagles again.

God, pleaaaasse not the pizza bowl again!

I'd rather play SCLSU in the bourbon bowl.

• Content Count:  7,890

****, guess whatever bowl the Gators go to will be where I go but i'm willing to consider Charlotte if we go there because we will play an ACC team.

YOU'RE A DUMB @SS

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

From KCBD in Lubbock, TExas

Texas Tech Receives Unofficial Invite to Gator Bowl

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 09:59 PM

NewsChannel 11 has learned Texas Tech has an unofficial invite to a bowl game.

Oklahoma came into Saturday's game #4 in the nation, but left Lubbock #10 in the BCS standings after the Red Raiders defeated the Sooners 34-27.

The Red Raiders are now number 24 in the USA Today Poll and 27 in the BCS Poll. Those rankings are grabbing people's attention including Gator Bowl President Rick Catlett.

Catlett says he wants Tech, but two things must happen first.

Two teams from the Big 12 must make the BCS and the Cotton and Holiday Bowls must pass on the Red Raiders.

The Gator Bowl will invite Tech to its New Years game if Tech is available as the fifth pick from the Big 12 Conference. The Gator Bowl is played in Jacksonville, Florida.

Source

it is unofficial!

why be concerned yet?

• Content Count:  7,890

read on smazza

More confirmation...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big12/stories/MYSA112007.FBC_NB_1120.en.26cd559.html

Gator Bowl officials said Monday that they plan to invite Texas Tech to the New Year's Day game if the Red Raiders are available with the fifth pick from the Big 12 Conference.

Gator Bowl executive director Rick Catlett said the Red Raiders' selection would be contingent on two factors: Two Big 12 teams being selected into the Bowl Championship Series and the Cotton and Holiday bowls passing on Tech.

The Red Raiders (8-4) likely would be matched against the loser of the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I've been saying it all week as others have..........the Gator wouldn't make that bad financial move by taking us or another Big East team this year.  It just doesn't make sense.  Now all of their options are available for the next two years.  They weren't going to back themselves in a corner just to take us.  You guys that were thinking Gator..........c'mon, it wasn't going to happen. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I've been saying it all week as others have..........the Gator wouldn't make that bad financial move by taking us or another Big East team this year.  It just doesn't make sense.  Now all of their options are available for the next two years.  They weren't going to back themselves in a corner just to take us.  You guys that were thinking Gator..........c'mon, it wasn't going to happen.   

I thought it was possible, not likely? Some people in here need to look at things without the green and gold glasses on.

Archived