• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Payouts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Rutgers brought about 9-10k to Houston. Why wouldn't that be attractive for the powers that be in Charlotte?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Rutgers brought about 9-10k to Houston. Why wouldn't that be attractive for the powers that be in Charlotte?

that was also Rutgers' only good season in the past 275 years.

not saying they wouldn't be attractive, just that USF would be more attractive.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

six of one to me now

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget the International Bowl.......which may be our destination.

Sun Bowl is only a possibility for us if UConn beats WVU and both get a BCS bid, else UConn is going to the Sun Bowl.

Cincy is a lock for the Papa Johns bowl.

Rutgers is likely going to the Meineke Bowl.

USF is likely going to the International Bowl.

I think Rutgers and USF should flip flop spots but I don't think the Meineke wants us back with only a 1 year absence.

FSU vs USF in the Meineke would bring at least 10,000 USF fans.

The International Bowl would be stupid to take USF besides I dont see us going their anyway. The worst we do is the PapaJohns.com Bowl.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

WRONG

Where you finish in the conference and your record have almost nothing to do with who the Bowls pick to play their games. Having played in the same bowl two years prior does though-- they want new teams rotating through that bowl game to keep it as interesting to locals as possible and to bring new fans in.

the most important factor in bowl selections is revenue, and fans from Tampa/Florida are alot less likely to head to Toronto than fans in the Tri-State area.

just a matter of fact.  the international bowl would be committing financial suicide to select USF as one pick, to face a MAC team.  there would be very little interest for that matchup, and few USF fans traveling to Toronto to see it.

similarly, the ACC would likely be more interested facing a team from the region than looking at Rutgers, especially if that team is FSU Clemson or another southern team...  if youre a Nole fan, would u rather face an in-state upstart, or f'ing Rutgers on a down year?

MCC gets first dibs.  If they pick RU, BHam will then pick Cincy, Leaving us in Canada.

If MCC picks US, BHam picks Cincy, RU in Canada

If MCC picks Cincy, BHam picks RU, we go to Canada

Looks like we have a 66% chance to go to Canada.

This assumes UC, USF, and RU win out (is that even possible?)

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget the International Bowl.......which may be our destination.

Sun Bowl is only a possibility for us if UConn beats WVU and both get a BCS bid, else UConn is going to the Sun Bowl.

Cincy is a lock for the Papa Johns bowl.

Rutgers is likely going to the Meineke Bowl.

USF is likely going to the International Bowl.

I think Rutgers and USF should flip flop spots but I don't think the Meineke wants us back with only a 1 year absence.

FSU vs USF in the Meineke would bring at least 10,000 USF fans.

The International Bowl would be stupid to take USF besides I dont see us going their anyway. The worst we do is the PapaJohns.com Bowl.

Won't happen.  There is no way they'd take the same team 2 years in a row.  It's either the Meineke, Gator/Sun, or International.  Our best bet is to DESTROY Pitt on Saturday and hopefully that'll finally make up their mind for the Gator.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

give me what I want or I'll get mad and stuff

You wouldn't want to see him when he's mad......and stuff.....

Won't happen.  There is no way they'd take the same team 2 years in a row.  It's either the Meineke, Gator/Sun, or International.  Our best bet is to DESTROY Pitt on Saturday and hopefully that'll finally make up their mind for the Gator.

The Gator Bowl will be taking Texas Tech at this point... and could still get Texas or Oklahoma depending on what happens with the BCS.

I would put the odds at a Big East team in Jax at about 5% right now... and falling.  It was much higher before Tech beat the Sooners last weekend.

It's like the Big 12 landed a full house on the turn card and the Big East is playing for the outside straight flush on the river.  Possible, but really tough to get.

MCC gets first dibs.  If they pick RU, BHam will then pick Cincy, Leaving us in Canada.

If MCC picks US, BHam picks Cincy, RU in Canada

If MCC picks Cincy, BHam picks RU, we go to Canada

Looks like we have a 66% chance to go to Canada.

This assumes UC, USF, and RU win out (is that even possible?)

Yes it's possible, but it is certainly not required. All three teams could lose out, or some combination of 2 win games and 1 loses -- and the same scenarios would be in effect.

However, there is still a chance that the Big East would realize what they did last year -- it's better to send Cincy to Toronto and USF to B'ham... so it's not a 100% given that we won't be back at Dreamland having BBQ before Christmas.

Archived