• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Payouts

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Okay, then why was UCF invited to the Hawaii Bowl??

who cares?

I'm demonstrating that logic doesn't always translate. If geography, fan base, TV ratings, etc were factored in, I have no idea how UCF went to the Hawaii Bowl. Unfortunately, we're still a consideration for the Toronto Bowl... but hopefully, with Rutgers an almost-lock for 5th place in the BE, they'll help ensure we don't have to go.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

idiotic or not-- it is a possibility.

I would probably find a way to go. Maybe you wouldn't go but I would

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, then why was UCF invited to the Hawaii Bowl??

who cares?

I'm demonstrating that logic doesn't always translate. If geography, fan base, TV ratings, etc were factored in, I have no idea how UCF went to the Hawaii Bowl. Unfortunately, we're still a consideration for the Toronto Bowl... but hopefully, with Rutgers an almost-lock for 5th place in the BE, they'll help ensure we don't have to go.

first of all, Hawaii is not Toronto.  travel is probably more expensive to head out there, but doesnt require the logistics of passports, and face it...  Toronto in January aint quite Hawaii in December.

second of all, i dont know much about the Hawaii Bowl, but i can imagine it's one of those games where folks in Hawaii buy up the tickets cuz theyre excited to see some football.  notice also how they picked Nevada to play UCF, which is essentially a West Coast team.

picking USF over Rutgers to play in Toronto would be a HUUUUGE financial gamble for a team that is thousands of miles away and hasn't exactly proven it can travel in big numbers.

Would be great if oklahome can beat the winner of the ku/mizzou game and wvu wins out

I think then wvu has a shot at the natl title game and uconn will get the bcs game by default of having the second best conf record.

Am I correct?

In that case we probably go to the sun and ru goes to toronto with cincy going to charlotte

To be an at-large BCS selection, a team has to be in the Top 14 of the BCS.  U Conn is #20 now, and a loss would drop them lower still.

"2nd in the conference" doesn't mean anything.

Heck, if Tennessee and Georgia win this weekend, Georgia - 3rd in the SEC - will get an at large bid... Texas - 4th in the Big 12 - could get an at large big if Kansas wins its next two games...

idiotic or not-- it is a possibility.

I would probably find a way to go. Maybe you wouldn't go but I would

i didn't say it wasn't a possibility. of course it is.

i simply said that following the money is the best bet, and the better money for both bowls (Int'l and Meineke) is for RU to head to Moose-land and USF to head to Charlotte.

simple fact is, except for die-hards like u (and me, because i would do everything in my power to make it to Toronto), Canada is not as good a sell for Florida fans as for Tri-State fans.  on the reverse, despite the fact that USF went to Charlotte 2 years ago, a matchup with an ACC team--- especially a Southern team like Clemson or FSU--- would be a better sell with USF on the ticket than a down Rutgers team.

possibility?  yes.

probability?  i personally don't think so.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Reading up on the Sun Bowl and seeing that payout suddenly makes dirty old El Paso look good.  From the Sun Bowl site I read something that said each team gets 8K ticks in their allotment, but even if the team(s) don't sell out the stadium still does (51K).  It's one of the bowls that gets GREAT community support.  They also have a bunch of festivities and stuff like Meineke did ( I heard PJ.com bowl was lacking).  Mostly, I like the payout.

Reading up on the Sun Bowl and seeing that payout suddenly makes dirty old El Paso look good.  From the Sun Bowl site I read something that said each team gets 8K ticks in their allotment, but even if the team(s) don't sell out the stadium still does (51K).  It's one of the bowls that gets GREAT community support.  They also have a bunch of festivities and stuff like Meineke did ( I heard PJ.com bowl was lacking).  Mostly, I like the payout.

payout is good, but "dirty old El Paso" is also alot easier travel for folks in "dusty old Arizona" than it is for us down here in the Bay  ;)

when i lived in Austin during my Jr. High days, all the "Don't Mess With Texas" crowd used to brag about how big a state Texas was, and how "El Paso is halfway to Los Angeles".

well if El Paso is halfway to Los Angeles from Austin, i really dont wanna know how long a drive it is from Tampa.  lmao.

it would still be easier to get to El P than to Toronto, tho.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

As I commented in another thread...I would like EP for the obvious selfish reasons, but I do not think it would be good for the Bulls in terms of the traveling fan base.  Something close enough to drive to is what our fan base needs.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Ok

I thought each bcs conf would get a bcs game (not including the natl championship game) thus forcing them to take uconn if wvu made it to the title game but guess I am wrong

Archived