• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excessive Celebration?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Honestly, I'm OK with celebrating with team mates.  But gimmie a break, anything pre planned doesn't belong out there. 

come on bro...  it's all in good fun.  if they are doing it on their own sidelines away from opposing players and not directed at anyone but themselves, what's the harm?

i mean it's not like they scored a TD, then ran over to Coach Kragthorpe and gave him a pelvic thrust to the face, a la the Oregon Duck mascot vs. the Houston Cougar.

lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdp69ES30o

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

They were on the USF sideline.  Well off the field.  Planned or not, it is really none of the referee's business. 

Maybe you had to see it to understand, but they should not have been flagged.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The guys on the TV broadcast make it seem like it was close to the field of the play.  I don't think there is any footage of it anywhere.  And I'm positive that CJL would rather have them not do it.  So how again am I wrong?

• Content Count:  1,290

I watched USF game on DVR. CJL told some guys "if you guys do that again, you will be ejected"

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I watched USF game on DVR. CJL told some guys "if you guys do that again, you will be ejected"

i think u read his lips wrong...

what he really said was "the concession stand fries give me an erection"

• Content Count:  1,985

I think it was after Trae Williams had the pick-6, we got called for excessive celebration after the touchdown. I don't remember there being "excessive" celebrating. I remember some of the other players coming down and giving Williams some high-fives and pats on the back and then they ran off to the sideline. Did I miss something, or are the Big East refs being inconsistantly bad again?

just hand the ball to refs

Besides, this is just class when you do it.  And the best thing is, it makes you believe you just did your job, it was expected.  I am really beginning to hate all the jumping around and dancing on every hit, every play.  More so in the pros than college, but still if you act like it was no big deal to make the great play it is intimidating to the other players.

why cant coaches teach and enfore this?

• Content Count:  7,890

It happened right in front of me.  Carlton Mitchell and a teammate ran to the side lines between the cheerleaders and the wall and did a pre-rehearsed celebration.  They acted like they were shooting each other with machine guns.  One of the refs ran all the way over to the side line almost knocked over a few cheerleaders, got in between the players and threw the flag.   It was pathetic.  The official went out of his way to call the penalty.  This was no where near the playing field and only between 2 USF players.  It was not directed at any of the Louisville players.

It was near the student section side of the field. So the ref took a pretty good verbal beating from the fans and deservedly so.  It was a terrible call.  

So they looked like this shootersmiley.thumb.gif  ;D

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

what he really said was "the concession stand fries give me an erection"

LOLOLOLOL!

I nomiate this for Quote of the Week.

• Content Count:  2,307

I guess this was the penalty everyone was confused about... For a while we were all wondering why there was a flag and no one around me really knew what was called.

I remember that Oregon Duck thing...funniest thing I had seen that month.

Archived