• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excessive Celebration?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

I think it was after Trae Williams had the pick-6, we got called for excessive celebration after the touchdown. I don't remember there being "excessive" celebrating. I remember some of the other players coming down and giving Williams some high-fives and pats on the back and then they ran off to the sideline. Did I miss something, or are the Big East refs being inconsistantly bad again?

just hand the ball to refs

why cant coaches teach and enfore this?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

I think it was after Trae Williams had the pick-6, we got called for excessive celebration after the touchdown. I don't remember there being "excessive" celebrating. I remember some of the other players coming down and giving Williams some high-fives and pats on the back and then they ran off to the sideline. Did I miss something, or are the Big East refs being inconsistantly bad again?

But when the Excessive Celebration was called, he threw the ball to the ref as soon as he was in and started running back to the sideline. I think it was other players dancing with the cheerleaders and that's what they called it on according to the commentators.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Nothing wrong with acting like you've been there before.  Watch Ray Rice after he scores.  Hands the ball to the ref and then trots to the sideline.

• Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

My best guess wathcing the play and the replay on the Jumbotron is that Trae refused to give the ball to the referee after the touchdown. I may be wrong, but that is the only thing I could come up with.

if this is true he should have been flagged

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

if this is true he should have been flagged

u should be flagged for excessive retardedness.

;)

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

It happened right in front of me.  Carlton Mitchell and a teammate ran to the side lines between the cheerleaders and the wall and did a pre-rehearsed celebration.  They acted like they were shooting each other with machine guns.  One of the refs ran all the way over to the side line almost knocked over a few cheerleaders, got in between the players and threw the flag.   It was pathetic.  The official went out of his way to call the penalty.  This was no where near the playing field and only between 2 USF players.  It was not directed at any of the Louisville players.

It was near the student section side of the field. So the ref took a pretty good verbal beating from the fans and deservedly so.  It was a terrible call.  

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

It happened right in front of me.  Carlton Mitchell and a teammate ran to the side lines between the cheerleaders and the wall and did a pre-rehearsed celebration.  They acted like they were shooting each other with machine guns.  One of the refs ran all the way over to the side line almost knocked over a few cheerleaders, got in between the players and threw the flag.   It was pathetic.  The official went out of his way to call the penalty.  This was no where near the playing field and only between 2 USF players.  It was not directed at any of the Louisville players.

It was near the student section side of the field. So the ref took a pretty good verbal beating from the fans and deservedly so.  It was a terrible call.  

If that is what truly happened how does this not warrant a flag?  They shouldn't be 'celebrating' like that to begin with.  There are 11 players on offense, all CM did was run the route and catch the ball.  Act like you've been there before.

If that is what truly happened how does this not warrant a flag?  They shouldn't be 'celebrating' like that to begin with.  There are 11 players on offense, all CM did was run the route and catch the ball.  Act like you've been there before.

jesus christ!

so now football players cant have harmless fun?

u must be one of those spoil-sports that reports people to TSA for standing during the game...

just remember players and fans, NO HAVING FUN DURING A FOOTBALL GAME!  ::)

remember when Tim Duncan got a technical foul for laughing on the sidelines?

6jfixyq.gif

yeah, that was almost as stupid as the excessive celebration penalty on Saturday.

matter of fact, i think we should clone the Soup Nazi and put him in a zebra suit...

Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

"NO FUN FOR YOU!"

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Honestly, I'm OK with celebrating with team mates.  But gimmie a break, anything pre planned doesn't belong out there. 

Archived