• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lack of discipline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

iis a major problem and until the coaches address it usf will never reach it's full potential

jenkins cheap shot early in the game was  a stunner

last night it didnt come into play but it will as it alwAYS has in the past when team has mental breakdown at many phases during the game against an inferior opponent

no dobut last night was a great victory and bonehead plays arent usually discussed or remembered

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I agree about the discipline being a problem.  One thing about Jenkins.  He has a history of some hard, questionable hits very early in the game. I don't know if it is on purpose as an intimidation thing, but he never mistakes in key situations. 

• Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, stupid penalties have bit us in the past.  But as a the guy next to me said, defensive penalties are not criticized by the coaches as much as offensive penalties are.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe I was extremely drunk Steve, but I didn't think the Mike Jenkins hit was all that late to be honest with ya... I don't know... I'd have to re-watch it... but the guy had just barely stepped out... I thought the coaches for UL lobbied for that call pretty good.

• Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

The one play I didnt like from Jenkins was that face mask tackle against Ray Rice during that Rutgers game. Maybe he was just trying to send a message, but that sure as heck didnt work in that game.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I watched the game again last night, and on replay, this hit was questionable at best.  Even the ESPNU guys said that the penalty was iffy.  It was a hard hit, and on the sideline.  He probably could have just bumped him out, but why not send a message and make sure he is not getting past you?

The discipline this year has been SO much better than in the past.  I think a good part of that is CJL is honestly a little calmer, Rutgers aside.  As much pushing and shoving that went on after each play last night, for our guys to not get 15 yarders, especially with the refs leaning against us, was proof that they are disciplined.

Two years ago, we give multiple personal fouls in this situation, last night, one, as noted above.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,008
  • Days Won:  469

I was all in favor of the Jenkins hit - I'd take that penalty anyday.  The hits USF delivered set the tone early...UL crumbled.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

ha---

one week people are giving Mike **** for being a pusy out there

then two weeks later they are chastising him for a late hit--- and this time, it's after the team has won the game by 38 points. Not 10 points--- THRITY EIGHT POINTS>

get some perswpective

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

ps--- that hit was clean and just MJ finishing a nice play

ticky tack bullcrap call

• Content Count:  74,556
  • Days Won:  423

iis a major problem and until the coaches address it usf will never reach it's full potential

There's no statistical evidence to back that up. Turnovers are a much bigger obstacle to a team reaching its' full potential than penalties.

Archived