• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lack of discipline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I was all in favor of the Jenkins hit - I'd take that penalty anyday.  The hits USF delivered set the tone early...UL crumbled.

EXACTLY!!!

Jenkins was sending a message to those guys early on.  Mike knew that this game was going to be his biggest test of the year and he was fired up.  I promise you that the WR on that play was thinking about that hit the rest of the game.  Besides, it was even that bad, the Ref had to throw the flag since Mike sent that guy flying like 10 feet in the air.

The good thing about all this traffic on this site is we see less and less of Smazza around here. 

If it's close to being inbounds, lay the wood, and take the penalty if you have to.  Next time, the receiver will get out of bounds faster.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe I was extremely drunk Steve, but I didn't think the Mike Jenkins hit was all that late to be honest with ya... I don't know... I'd have to re-watch it... but the guy had just barely stepped out... I thought the coaches for UL lobbied for that call pretty good.

I saw the same thing

• Content Count:  40

I saw Jenkings hit as being legit, but how officials in all of college and NFL officiate games they call that a penaly probably 3/4 of the time. 

I personally have always had problems with refs throwing a flag on a hit like that.  As a coach I will take that penalty all day.  Correct me if I am wrong, but when I played football the rules are the play is not over until the whistle blows.  The whistle doesn't and should not be blown until the player holding the ball touches the ground out of bounds and you must allow for follow through, therefor the player is fair game to be hit. 

Just wait until 1 day when a players fakes running out of bounds then makes a big play because the defender eases up because they are afraid of a 15yd penalty.  People will be saying that was a great play/fake or a cheap move, but regardless give me the 15yd penalty, besides hard hits demoralize opposing teams.

As for coaches defense being more lenient on defensive penalties that is not true, aggression penalties are typically somewhat acceptable mental errors are NEVER acceptable.  A defensive offsides is just as bad as an offensive false start.

• Content Count:  403

I personally thought that the refs did a decent job of just letting the players play.  All night, I saw a lot of contact between the WRs and CBs on both sides of the ball and it wasn't flagged.  Probably helped us a lot more than it helped Louisville.

• Content Count:  1,797

Gosh, I hope we keep undiscipliningly beating the shat out of teams by 30+ points per game.

:ROFLMAO :deadhorse :wah :moon :violin :Flossing :lol :oldnews

Normal

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

It was a clean hit.

Clean or not, its football, if you cant take that hit, go learn ballet!

the offensive player took the hit  but the ref will flag defender 10 out of 10 times

you cant hit a guy when he is out of bounds

pretty basic

but players and too many fans dont seem to get it

I agree, stupid penalties have bit us in the past.  But as a the guy next to me said, defensive penalties are not criticized by the coaches as much as offensive penalties are.

they should be

The one play I didnt like from Jenkins was that face mask tackle against Ray Rice during that Rutgers game. Maybe he was just trying to send a message, but that sure as heck didnt work in that game.

we should have tackled rice during the game

sure tackling  sends a message

stupid penalties sure sends a message to our opponents

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

I could take all the penalties and stuff if we would just win the game

oh wait.....

Gosh, I hope we keep undiscipliningly beating the shat out of teams by 30+ points per game.

:ROFLMAO :deadhorse :wah :moon :violin :Flossing :lol :oldnews

Normal

losing to 3 teams we should beat wasnt enough for you???

Archived